Mountain Mayhem Returns 2019 let the planning and BS begin

Yeah but where would the fun be in that - you know I hate them and this will amuse you...

I, on the other hand will wait with baited breath to see if you come back from your lap covered in mud - like you’ve been rolling around in it from ending up on your arse

You see -as much as I hate to say this...... they have to stay otherwise we BOTH lose !

legrandefromage":32zuhmuf said:
I don't think I'll be riding, my foot looks like a balloon.
Sorry to hear that. Sounds like an unfortunate coincidence...

I have been hoping since the moment i got out of hospital last Saturday night after an almighty head-on shunt on Saturday afternoon and thinking I had a broken thumb and ankle, and been told after numerous x-rays and CT scans that nothing was broken just massively swollen and bruised, that I'd be able to attend as a heckler and general nuisance. However, the doctors discovered on Tuesday I have a fracture to the bone above my heel. The swelling has gone down a bit every day and my foot is still dark purple with shades of blue up past my calf. I can't put enough weight on even with a support boot to move around easily and the massive chest pains i'm experiencing upon even the slightest movement following the seatbelt injury means I can't put weight through my arms to use the crutches. So getting to the bogs and showers would've been mega difficult even if i managed to stay upright whilst negotiating the undulating ground around the campsite.

I've also had a call this morning from the rheumatology department telling me to go for another CT tomorrow. So despite Spud's super generous offer of coming to pick me up to travel with him and stay aboard the potato van, I won't be coming. I'm gutted! I've left it till the last possible moment to make this call.

Also sorry I didn't get any further along with my elaborate plan to draw scaled versions of everyone's vehciles and tents. As I type, Andy is at the venue attempting to squeeze the Intruder through the gates in order to cordon off a suitable pitch for Camp Retrobike so I am confident that it's all in order. At least there's one less car to fit in! :facepalm:

All those who've ordered jerseys and were expecting to collect them from me on site tomorrow or Saturday don't worry, I'm having Mrs Ev drive me to meet Spud this evening where I'll hand over the jerseys.

Have fun all! And wear the jerseys with pride. Please get lots of photos. :mrgreen:

Regan

Retro Spud":3c75ctbo said:
Yeah but where would the fun be in that - you know I hate them and this will amuse you...

I, on the other hand will wait with baited breath to see if you come back from your lap covered in mud - like you’ve been rolling around in it from ending up on your arse

You see -as much as I hate to say this...... they have to stay otherwise we BOTH lose !

i see what you did there... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Fine, I'll bite, and they'll stay on, for now...

regan_ev":2m5hkxai said:
legrandefromage":2m5hkxai said:
I don't think I'll be riding, my foot looks like a balloon.
Sorry to hear that. Sounds like an unfortunate coincidence...

I have been hoping since the moment i got out of hospital last Saturday night after an almighty head-on shunt on Saturday afternoon and thinking I had a broken thumb and ankle, and been told after numerous x-rays and CT scans that nothing was broken just massively swollen and bruised, that I'd be able to attend as a heckler and general nuisance. However, the doctors discovered on Tuesday I have a fracture to the bone above my heel. The swelling has gone down a bit every day and my foot is still dark purple with shades of blue up past my calf. I can't put enough weight on even with a support boot to move around easily and the massive chest pains i'm experiencing upon even the slightest movement following the seatbelt injury means I can't put weight through my arms to use the crutches. So getting to the bogs and showers would've been mega difficult even if i managed to stay upright whilst negotiating the undulating ground around the campsite.

I've also had a call this morning from the rheumatology department telling me to go for another CT tomorrow. So despite Spud's super generous offer of coming to pick me up to travel with him and stay aboard the potato van, I won't be coming. I'm gutted! I've left it till the last possible moment to make this call.

Also sorry I didn't get any further along with my elaborate plan to draw scaled versions of everyone's vehciles and tents. As I type, Andy is at the venue attempting to squeeze the Intruder through the gates in order to cordon off a suitable pitch for Camp Retrobike so I am confident that it's all in order. At least there's one less car to fit in! :facepalm:

All those who've ordered jerseys and were expecting to collect them from me on site tomorrow or Saturday don't worry, I'm having Mrs Ev drive me to meet Spud this evening where I'll hand over the jerseys.

Have fun all! And wear the jerseys with pride. Please get lots of photos. :mrgreen:

Regan

Really sorry to hear that and probably best option. You do need to keep moving about but rest is just as important. Hopefully you recover quick mate and you will be up and about in no time. I have a few bottles of Morphine left from my crash if you need any pain relief :) and take solace in that you didnt break your heel bone :|

Minor in comparison but to add to the growing injury list i have seriously damaged my big toe, either fractured or torn something, leaving it until after the weekend as dont need bad news from the doc on my mind :facepalm:

Re:

Sun's come out here, trailer packed just need to load the bikes on in the morning and we're all set.

Got tat to sell, wood to burn, beer to drink (not necessarily in that order)

Back