Mountain Mayhem Gatcombe Park 16/17/18 June 2017

Re:

Its ok. Only retroish bike i could find locally in my £75 budget was a kona lana'i with modern forks. No idea what year it is but its at least my 2nd oldest bike. It has v brakes so thats retro to me :LOL: . although i think i'll be replacing the bottom bracket before the event.

I can't quite believe how many retro riders are going to be there, rather excited to see who brings what.

On that topic I still have to decide (and build) whatever I’m bringing....

The 2017 secret spring project is deffo retro and a bit odd/rare but not actually built yet

Secret winter project is nice but not quite ready - build thread coming when I find time.

Last years zaskar project is a bit retro-mod (and not built yet :facepalm: ) so a maybe. I'm not sure it’s great for distance, more of a play thing really.

The B17 is in transition to some revised spec (new shock, tougher wheels), should be ready to go (plus I have matching jersey and hat, very important!) so that’s towards the top if the list.

And of course the Activator just needs a bit of a service and shakedown.

decisions decisions :?

RickTheUncivil":2ap86ef2 said:

Handy. Might need something to hold the tent down if it's windy

RickTheUncivil":1ib7icxx said:
I can't quite believe how many retro riders are going to be there, rather excited to see who brings what.

On that topic I still have to decide (and build) whatever I’m bringing....

The 2017 secret spring project is deffo retro and a bit odd/rare but not actually built yet

Secret winter project is nice but not quite ready - build thread coming when I find time.

Last years zaskar project is a bit retro-mod (and not built yet :facepalm: ) so a maybe. I'm not sure it’s great for distance, more of a play thing really.

The B17 is in transition to some revised spec (new shock, tougher wheels), should be ready to go (plus I have matching jersey and hat, very important!) so that’s towards the top if the list.

And if your anything like me, you'll still be building right up to the Thursday night before Mayhem and by the time you've finished packing all that's left is an hour or two kip before its time to get up and leave..

:)

I picked up one of the last hand built fuquays just before Christmas,got all the bits for it including a new set of decals ,thinking that and the 91 clockwork will be getting a respray and build for next year

nobby the sheep":1cjha30v said:
Plan is at the moment to bring 3 of the 4 clockworks I own ( 98 07 and 2014)

Great love citrus fruits..
Am deciding what to go for, am thinking of taking my Orange Aluminum o 92 with pace rc35's if it's a bumpy course. Will also take a prestige 93 am building up, all rigid, make it as light as possible to accommodate my less than perfect body.. And my last selection will be the classic Orange clockwork 92 in the orange white fade. A good all rounder and will go lovely with my Orange spotted Jersey & shorts! :twisted:

Back