Mountain Mayhem 2009- Mr K's Recruitment Programme

Update

Sports Casuals Team Update

Due to the overwhelming response from the Mayhem virgins, we are now planning to run a sibling team... yes, you read right, we are now looking to enter two teams of 10 under the Sports Casuals Retrobike banner!

We currently have 16 people who have registered their firm commitment, which we plan to divide into the two proposed teams, one under my expert (!) guidance and the other being managed by my Vice Captain Max the Retroking (not that he knows that yet - he's offshore... ;-) ).

Both teams will run under the same spirit and we plan to coordinate all the tactics and related activities such as pre-race BBQ, heckling and the blocking other RB ex-racers on course etc...

So, if you were thinking of signing up but hadn't posted, what are you waiting for?? The perfect New Year resolution!

Captain K

PS. Could still do with a couple more female racers (no drag artistes need apply...)!

So does this mean all those who have applied have been successful? We no longer have to look for alternative teams? :D

Neil,

You can put me down for 1 lap if required.

Was going to just do the stand this year but happy to enter if this means we can get two teams. If he numbers increase to over 20 then I'll drop out.

Re: More

mrkawasaki":1z7ngwve said:
Potential conscripts - you need to plead your case on this thread - we need to know what characteristics, experience and attitude you will bring to the team... what bike(s) you might be building/riding... what your failings might be etc.

In short, flesh it out... sing for your supper etc.

Captain K

Well seeing as Heathy seems to be doing a good job of dragging me out of racing retirement - I suppose i could have a lap or 2.

Experience - been riding a mountain bike for a whole week now and have even had the stabilisers removed yesterday :p .

Characteristics - well, i can probably drink my own weight in beer (if required that is! :oops: )

Attitude - No, don't own any Klein's :LOL: but i will be bringing a certain elevated titanium steed that i'm sure 'the Captain' can have a lap on if he picks me! :LOL:

Can I put my name down please although I don't know anyone and I haven't been on this site long.

Experience - fairly competent on a mountain bike. Not as good technically as I used to be, but I used to do trials and bmx when I was younger.

Fitness - non existent. I have been a lardy ass for far too many years. The goodnews is I have started going to the gym regularly on the rower and bike. I went on my first proper bike ride in a long while before christmas (just over 20 miles road/wood). Aiming for 40 by the summer.

MM Virgin: Didn't know what it was till I went in the chat room and was persuaded to join up.

I would make up the female part of a team.

I have a Dawes Edge circa 1998 (owned it since new.) in fetching yellow.

Full to the brim

Looks like we have nearly made the 2 x Sports Casuals Teams we aspired to (including 4 ladies) - AWESOME! - I will PM everyone tomorrow to make sure you haven't changed your mind(s) and will place the next jonnycumlatelies in a reserve list.

I'm proposing to set up a PayPal account so that everyone can pay in good time and give me the relevant information for entry forms - as per last year, I will then trundle over to Pat's house on the morning of entries to make sure we are well up the pecking order. Please note: as your organiser I'm prepared to give refunds only if we don't get an official entry! Any spare cash will go the the teams' drinking funds - so please - any changes of heart need to be made now!

Max and I will conjure up some cruel school playground methodology of picking our two teams to ensure we have a good mix of talent/plodders and good time Charlies - more anon.

The Squad

Mr K
Retroking
Dr S
Chris
Daj
Velomaniac
Sinnett
Drapoon
Gonzales
SteveP
Bryan