Mountain Goat Whiskey Town Racer Frame - LAST FEW DAYS

Chappie916

Retro Newbie
Item number: 122375794219
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 2375794219

A rare chance to get your hands one of the best Canadian frames made ... in my opinion.

I bought this new in the 90's from Sshockwave in Nottingham and have loved it ever since. Ok so I made a massive mistake when I had it recoated to match a set of bombers but the point was to make it stand out less and have a bike that wasn't too expensive looking.

It measures 17" centre to centre and 18.5" centre to top and fits me perfectly, I'm about 5'10".

The headtude badge wasn't refixed after the respray so is intact.

The frame has been used but apart from a small knock just above the BB it's all good, headtube is good and BB threads are good.

OK so it needs a full on restoration but it could look brill again or you could build it to you liking and just ride a fab frame without people knowing.

Pics show original build, mid and as it was before I stripped it down.

I do have a reserve (which has been exceeded) as in a way I don't want to part with it but n+1 is getting a bit silly but I need space and it will help fund the Creig I've just bought for my lad.

Any questions just ask and once built I'd love to see it.

Frame is in Chesterfield for collection and can be packed and posted at additional cost.

Thanks for looking.

On 03-Mar-17 at 19:01:50 GMT, seller added the following information:

Update: I've since found the original Mountain Goat Registration card and receipt from sShockwave so have added a few more pics.

Happy bidding.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
It wont acheive its ful potential without postage being offered :)

Not difficult to get really, especially if you know your local bike shop. Most actually are happy to be rid of their old bike boxes, which can then be cut down, sticky tape together, packed and off. To send a frame such in a close fitting cardboard box will be under £20.

Its limited to local area, or within driving distance, and how many Goat enthusiasts do you know thats local to you ;)

Chappie916":1mdfhiq2 said:
Item number: 122375794219
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 2375794219

A rare chance to get your hands one of the best Canadian frames made ... in my opinion.

I bought this new in the 90's from Sshockwave in Nottingham and have loved it ever since. Ok so I made a massive mistake when I had it recoated to match a set of bombers but the point was to make it stand out less and have a bike that wasn't too expensive looking.

It measures 17" centre to centre and 18.5" centre to top and fits me perfectly, I'm about 5'10".

The headtude badge wasn't refixed after the respray so is intact.

The frame has been used but apart from a small knock just above the BB it's all good, headtube is good and BB threads are good.

OK so it needs a full on restoration but it could look brill again or you could build it to you liking and just ride a fab frame without people knowing.

Pics show original build, mid and as it was before I stripped it down.

I do have a reserve (which has been exceeded) as in a way I don't want to part with it but n+1 is getting a bit silly but I need space and it will help fund the Creig I've just bought for my lad.

Any questions just ask and once built I'd love to see it.

Frame is in Chesterfield for collection and can be packed and posted at additional cost.

Thanks for looking.

On 03-Mar-17 at 19:01:50 GMT, seller added the following information:

Update: I've since found the original Mountain Goat Registration card and receipt from sShockwave so have added a few more pics.

Happy bidding.

Were they Not made in California....?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
dyna-ti":omv16eun said:
It wont acheive its ful potential without postage being offered :)

Not difficult to get really, especially if you know your local bike shop. Most actually are happy to be rid of their old bike boxes, which can then be cut down, sticky tape together, packed and off. To send a frame such in a close fitting cardboard box will be under £20.

Its limited to local area, or within driving distance, and how many Goat enthusiasts do you know thats local to you ;)

He does offer postage :)

Design wise it looks a bit bland. This was made in that big factory MG had which built a load of other brands' frames, before they went bust.

Re:

Most of any goats value is in the paint job. ..bit of shame this one was stripped.

Check out Mr Ships 'live sushi' WTR on here ..it's outstanding

606":1c4laxdq said:
Design wise it looks a bit bland. This was made in that big factory MG had which built a load of other brands' frames, before they went bust.

Altitude was opened by J.L and had less than 15 staff, it was hardly a big concern, building U.S built frames in the same way as say Fat Chance, but with less staff. In an attempt to compete with far east manufacturing costs and imports with lower levels of quality control, they were able to manufacture for Kona and Voodoo too, and still keep the Production handbuilt in the USA.

How does this frame design differ from the same Model 2 years previous.?

Back