mountain bike legacy project

Re:

Im backer #21 I already have the book, wonderful mag collection and signed posters :cool: This needs a big cash injection from industry players, who have benefitted so much from the creation of this new modern sport by CK et al.

Re: Re:

M-Power":2wfvni21 said:
This needs a big cash injection from industry players, who have benefitted so much from the creation of this new modern sport by CK et al.

A very good point indeed. I'm sure many fans are happy to chip in but the major players from the industry would make a hell of a difference in making it happen and it could be a win/win for them too may be...

Re:

Backed it as well. First I heard of this project was chatting with Charlie at the talk he and JB gave at LMNH yesterday (which was awesome BTW). Charlie said that there was so much there, most of which hasn't been published anywhere yet. And that it was costing him a fortune in storage fees!

Just wish I could afford the 'ride the Repack with Charlie' level...

Re: Re:

groovyblueshed":kwum3x11 said:
M-Power":kwum3x11 said:
This needs a big cash injection from industry players, who have benefitted so much from the creation of this new modern sport by CK et al.

A very good point indeed. I'm sure many fans are happy to chip in but the major players from the industry would make a hell of a difference in making it happen and it could be a win/win for them too may be...

Its a drop in the ocean for the likes of Red Bull. Santa Cruz etc to make a nice promo video or movie. Im thinking something like the Honda ad where all the historic GP race cars ( montainbikers/Klunkers) morph into each other to the sound of Matt Monro's Impossible Dream...drop the cash to CK and get the historical stuff archived professionally. If the rare early stuff gets lost or destroyed somehow, it wont be there when they come looking for such a resources years down the line.

https://youtu.be/WN6a0cSf78I

Charlie Kelly as the main character, CGI him to gradually morp him into Danny Hart as he does his 2011 downhill run, them some RedBull crazy jump run etc Lets Get Creative :D

CK already has the tash !!

Re:

I'm lovin' the 'Impossible Dream' idea!

It will be a lifetime's work scanning and digitising all of his material – this time intensive part of the process will suck up resources. Each scan will then have to be documented and curated to give it meaning and then to be organised into a catergorised archive.

How or where will the material of the 'mountain bike legacy project' reside? Will it have it's own physical museum somewhere appropriate and would the material be publicly available online too?

Mountain biking as we know it is a bit of a niche and sure the kickstarter will generate funds but I think some serious 'patronage' from any of the big brands that have established themselves off the back of mountain biking history could make a real difference. Don't forget some of them are also part of mountain biking history too.

Re:

Bump, just because I haven't weighed in on this thread.

Thanks.

And thanks to all the RBers who showed Joe Breeze and me a great time during our recent visit!

Latest posts

Back