Motorbikes - Retro or otherwise!

flyingwelshman":8dx9ojrf said:
Mine - 1981 250cc Maico restored by me.
At first glance thought it was a certain Mr Thorpe. Lovely bike, bet you take some catching on that in the 250 class and loving the alpinestars kit too ;) ;)

To me there is no race track anywhere quite as special as Farleigh Castle. Memories of Noyce, Carlqvist, Thorpe, Malerbe, Jobe, Nicoll, Leisk and Geboers, great days and when I was old enough the Hungerford Arms by the castle too :LOL: .

sinnett177":2rkxviqd said:
flyingwelshman":2rkxviqd said:
Mine - 1981 250cc Maico restored by me.
At first glance thought it was a certain Mr Thorpe. Lovely bike, bet you take some catching on that in the 250 class and loving the alpinestars kit too ;) ;)

To me there is no race track anywhere quite as special as Farleigh Castle. Memories of Noyce, Carlqvist, Thorpe, Malerbe, Jobe, Nicoll, Leisk and Geboers, great days and when I was old enough the Hungerford Arms by the castle too :LOL: .

Indeed Farleigh is a special place, I have many happy memories as a spectator ( before cycle racing took over my life) and it has been a privilage to compete there over the last ten years or so. Re Alpinestars kit - it feels 'wrong' to be wearing anything else and luckily the guys at AS still help me out.

damn didnt know there was so many bikers on here i havent got one at the minute but im a huge ducati nut owned loads of them and break them for a living. i raced for a few years in my early twenties first on cb500's then an rsv mille in the sound of thunder. ive been looking for a mint ducati 888 for years now one day ill find one!

billinjah":3izx6xfj said:
damn didnt know there was so many bikers on here i havent got one at the minute but im a huge ducati nut owned loads of them and break them for a living. i raced for a few years in my early twenties first on cb500's then an rsv mille in the sound of thunder. ive been looking for a mint ducati 888 for years now one day ill find one!

Something like this? ;)
SP5.jpg

My pride and joy on 2 wheels. But only when the sun is shining :D

billinjah":2jxkhn5x said:

CB500's, blimey, that's going back a bit Bill. My mate had one when I was a teenager and running a CB250T, his was always breaking down! :roll:

Gsxr 750 srad sort off

I've got a few mates that race bikes and i've ended up with a bitsa as a result.
Gsxr 750 srad frames,winging arm and forks.
Gsxr 600srad race engine,yoshi cams,valves and loom.
Gsxr 1000 K2 ti exhaust
Gsxr 1000 K3 seatunit(race).
Yoshi clocks,blah blah blah....
You get the idea,it's road legalish but since I dropped it in the summer it has no front body work which is next on the shopping list.
The only other thing i've had recently was a Honda CR490 aircooled motorcrosser. Apparently it was one of Dave Thorpes practice bikes the year he won the World championship. Anyway it was fairly tidy when I got it but a non runner,managed to get some bits from Honda and some from SOS to get her going. Loaned it to a mate of a mate to use for the Ken Hall Trophy race in Langrish where there is a massive hill and he said it was so quick he had to short shift to get to the top without it spinning up!

Oh dear...

Chris,I love me mountain bikes but if it was a choice between any pushbike and that R1,the R1 would win everytime. Very nice. Just out of curiousity what did you buy with the procedes?

just got this finished! the build pics are earlier in this thread :D

Attachments

• the DR 002resize.jpg
    the DR 002resize.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,043
Back