Moots 680mm Ti Riser bar - these are lovely to ride

M-Power

Old School Grand Master
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294075564467

Not my for sale ad but just putting this out there for those who take comfort as well as performance seriously. I have 3 of these Ti bars and they are amazing - honestly. Really takes a lot of buzz out of the trail with Tis natural flex but without compromising handling. They are plenty wide and easy to adjust to get a good position. Retro clamp size too. They hold their value too so you should get most or all of your money back if needed.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
had spotted these also, would be a nice addition to my moots ybb, which originally ran titec ti flat trackers, another cool quite wide titanium bar.

i know moots briefly made some ti risers, but have never really seen them before...are these. actually the ones? ... ebay ed. mentions association with a moots stem, for a bit of background.

Not many models of ti riser out there, to compre with...

tangent":3ow7rvse said:
had spotted these also, would be a nice addition to my moots ybb, which originally ran titec ti flat trackers, another cool quite wide titanium bar.

i know moots briefly made some ti risers, but have never really seen them before...are these. actually the ones? ... ebay ed. mentions association with a moots stem, for a bit of background.

^^ this. No branding at all?

Splatter Paint":21z17s4n said:
tangent":21z17s4n said:

^^ this. No branding at all?

Actually, good spot. Having compared the bend to mine and the gen one in this pic, the bend is more gradual ion a Ti Moots ( they tend to have the logo decals on too ). Maybe the seller is being ‘clever’ saying from a Moots stem, thus implying the bars are Ti Moots, when they may be another brand. I have another unknown brand Ti riser on the wifes Roberts but its a lot stiffer than the Ti Moots bars and with a lot more rise to it. The Moots really are just butter to ride....love them and I have tried lots of Ti bars. Without knowing the real brand/model its hard to know if these are worth Moots money. I suspect more like £40-50.

MP

Attachments

• 90EC9CC3-E32E-4E0E-9DFC-FECE10E950DC.jpeg
    90EC9CC3-E32E-4E0E-9DFC-FECE10E950DC.jpeg
    21.8 KB · Views: 242
They'd be really nice on a build I'm doing for my son but they are a bit pricey. The seller does state they're unbranded

Re:

Quite a few retro sale ads on ebay try to imply something is rarer/better than it really is to justify a crazy price. People assume that the £110 price implies its probably Moots quality. If it is some no name generic product then price it as such ~ £40 imooc. Another bugbear is people listing the wrong frame size for their bikes.

Just seen all the comments. The bars are actually mine and did indeed come off from a Moots stem (seen marked w/decal) from the original seller, who was a photographer & roadie, selling off a bunch of Mtb items he had in a box. Together with the bars, I ended up also purchasing one of the two sets of mint black q/r CK Hubs he had at the same time. Nothing sly about it.

I don't believe the riser is a Moots but they're nice quality and uncut. Attached is the original description from the time of purchase. If they don't sell, also happy to keep but remain surplus to my needs right now.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-23 at 23.14.53.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-23 at 23.14.53.png
    10 KB · Views: 104
Back