Monday Baiku - Needs You...

snooks":1f2tx3wt said:
Oh great!....More things to spend my hard earned money on. :0)

now which Led Zep one do I choose??? :?
ps don't believe the "hard earned" bit

I know the feeling :roll: ;) But the $$ is so weak. So tempting :)

Wet Fort William. Windy Fort William. Wild Fort William. WOW Fort William!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the F*** Fort William - how fast?! Worlds Fort William 2007.

Skive off work early. Drive ( :oops: ) out to Gap Creek. Looking for Bronwyn's, the trail I've been hunting for ages. Ride around for a while, can't find it! Enjoying myself anyway. Take a wrong turn, what's that semi-North Shore over there? Wow, I found it! The bottom of it. Climb time. Knackered at the top, drink water and stare out through the trees and heat haze at Brisbane and beyond. Time to go. Whey, this is fun! Rock berms, tricky bit (wobble), log jumps, more berms. Huge log rollover/tabletop thingy. No air for me there...Massive wooden berm/wallride (awesome). Tight corner, wooden ramp down to big jump. Or B-line ramp. Take B-Line cos the jump looks f$%*!n' scary. End. Climb. Again. Faster. Continue on my way, big climb, getting dark, time to go. Home feeling awesome. Sleep. Work. Wish I could skive off again!

Not obeying many rules of Haiku there!

This post kinda brings me to what I was gonna say a while ago about the trails here- there are a couple of really excellent forest reserves in/near Brisbane, the trails are well maintained with interesting features and a great community supporting them. Love em. Best organised trails I've ever ridden. But there isn't the sort of riding that I used to do back home- you know the long rides along bridleways etc covering a lot of country, the awesome views, the chalk downs, the pub and cake stops etc. I miss that side of riding bad. Mint Sauce makes me fairly homesick these days! :cry:

Mind you, it ain't all bad. :LOL: Somebody else's story and pics about Bronwyn's:

http://trudgeabout.blogspot.com/2007/03 ... nwyns.html

Latest posts

Back