Missing my LBS

Re:

Fortunately the workshop is in one of the upstairs "bedrooms".

Shattered for them though... hope they pull through OK.

Are there any pics of the latest CATS build? :D :D

Woodrup is where I got one of my first decent bikes from. A saracen n-zyme. Was blue and silver got it go my 13th birthday iirc.
A young lad who was my neighbour in my younger days used to watch me messing with bikes and try his hand etc. Well he is now top mechanic at woodrup and I think even races for them in off road events.
Hope they get some normality back soon always been a decent shop and very helpful.

Woodrups weren't the only bike shop affected by the floods Scotby cycles in Carlisle got flooded again the second time in 10 years I feel for them both as both have served me well in the past.

According to Facebook Woodrups will reopen on Saturday following a massive effort from staff and volunteers alike. 95% of stock was undamaged. I hope Scotby Cycles fared as well..

On-One 26" inner tubes £1.39 each, free postage when you spend over £50 (so best to buy in bulk :LOL: or buy at same time as other parts ), not a LBS but it is delivered to your door so you can't get more "local" than that!

Re:

I miss my LBS, The Bike Shop in Skipton. It was where I got my first bike in 1990 and where I shopped up until it closed a year or so ago due to a 'Trek Concept Store' opening in town. Been in the 'Concept Store' a few times for a few bits and they usually don't have it and if they do the price makes my eyes bleed.

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":1e9trdn9 said:
I miss my LBS, The Bike Shop in Skipton. It was where I got my first bike in 1990 and where I shopped up until it closed a year or so ago due to a 'Trek Concept Store' opening in town. Been in the 'Concept Store' a few times for a few bits and they usually don't have it and if they do the price makes my eyes bleed.
This just about says it as well as it can be said.

Back