Missile

sinnerman":28c2a6zb said:
I wonder if sponsors will see the Drug trafficking as a hindrance or a help....

Exposure is always a help even if it´s drug related (Kate Moss, the Manitou FS rider :p , comes to mind), and that she will get. Besides, rehab´d people is usually seen in a positive way, specially in the US culture IMHO.

Davichin":2dozqolg said:
sinnerman":2dozqolg said:
I wonder if sponsors will see the Drug trafficking as a hindrance or a help....

Exposure is always a help even if it´s drug related (Kate Moss, the Manitou FS rider :p , comes to mind), and that she will get. Besides, rehab´d people is usually seen in a positive way, specially in the US culture IMHO.

But she wasn't nipping round to her girlfriends house with a £30 bag of skunk for a sexy party, she was crossing borders with a truck load and a million dollars in cash, under the guise of ex Racing champion...

If she wasn't caught, she would still be doing it, and filthy rich that downhill bike would be hung up in the garage,

Whilst you are probably right, there should be no drug users/ex drug traffickers, in the sport imho.........., its rife as it is.

Rampage":1ucdh1pg said:
Depends who the sponsor is, assuming she needs a sponsor :p

You would think she has a bit tucked away, and they didn't WEEDle it all out of her....

I heard the next sponsor was a firm called "CARTEL".

Maybe Retrobike could sponsor her? :p

Has she been out long? Just wondering how much she's been getting back into it for.

Re:

she could only compete in that one race, the limits of her parole says she can't leave New York State for another year or so which means you won't see her racing for a while yet.

i hope she does return full time, she's fun and a bit crazy, i met her in 2003 in Les Gets, she's got a wicked sense of humour! :D

Re:

In Richie Froome's Porte-a-cabin, any whiff of drugs would be a scandal. For Missy though, having been caught running the borders with trailer loads of shit, cash and dealer paraphernalia under the guise of mild-mannered MTB champ, it kind of adds to her 'street cred' as an insane mountain biker. The moral of the story kids, is just say no.

Re:

Whoa!! A hero of mine from the 90's that I'd kinda forgotten about until I saw this. So what happened exactly then, has anyone got a link to the actual story on the drugs bust...?

Has got me wanting to dig out all my old MBUK mags from back in the day.... :p

Re:

The sad thing is, the big bike Cos never gave her a key ambassadorial/promo role after she hung up her race helmet. If she had been a guy, they most likely would have. Seems she was keen on a medical career too. It's no excuse of course but she clearly needed a decent income and took the wrong route.

Movie script, a book...or media career...hope she finds her niche. Most of the talented athletes that compete in our sport have no personality. It would be a shame if she gets shut out again.

Back