Mini Kona Hei Hei

Re:

Excellent info Pip - thank you. I've now messaged the owner to find out the serial number out of curiosity .. the frame is unfortunately too small for me, but would be interesting to find out if it really is a 6-4 triangle edition.

Re:

Good man,

Yeah it would be interesting to know if this is the somewhat rare 1996 King Kahuna.

Two other indications that it may be a 1996 King Kahuna are the flatter Top Tube (shorter Seat Tube extension) and the need for a Dog Collar.

I don’t know if these two points confirm it being a 6-4 K.K., but all my pictures on file of the 1996 Hei Hei have the sloping Top Tube (longer Seat Tube extension) with both rear brake stops, and all my 1996 K.K. pictures are like the one for sale with a flatter Top Tube and Dog Collar.

Pip.

Re: Mini Kona Hei Hei - listed as King Kahuna

Owner has added to the original advert. Now states "Serial number B16176".

So I suspect that means it's a standard Hei Hei, from 1996, 16"? Pip?

PeteC":2uszgr9g said:
So I suspect that means it's a standard Hei Hei, from 1996, 16"? Pip?

Well, it would indeed appear to be a 1996 Hei Hei size 16". I haven't any other pictures on file of a 1996 Hei Hei with the flatter Top Tube - short Seat Tube extension. I have read a well informed piece by Canuck that mention exceptions to this, and the one for sale seems to be an example.

The 1996 Hei Hei also usually has White decals like the picture below, so with the Gold decals on the one for sale, it looked for a while that it may have been the rare 1996 King Kahuna but with the Seat Stays decals missing - sadly not.

Pip.

Attachments

• 1996 Hei Hei 17.jpg
    1996 Hei Hei 17.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 299
Back