Middleburn vs M951 XTR

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Mmm...I have a choice to make.

I have some perfect M951 crank arms that I was kinda thinking would look nice on my next build...matching the M952 rear mech. Like my current build it would be a 1x9 and I was think of getting a middleburn spider to run a renthal chainring (4 bolt :( )
Or...just keep my RS7 Uno set-up.

Not sure if I would notice any difference in terms of performance or weight.

Anyway of protecting the XTR arms...hate it when they get boot rub marks. Helicopter tape?
Any thoughts?
Ta, Carl

Harryburgundy":3i3p5wl8 said:
Anyway of protecting the XTR arms...hate it when they get boot rub marks. Helicopter tape?

Helicopter tape seems to be the choice for protecting crank arms, frames etc. I've seen a few XTR cranks with helicopter tape on to protect the investment/looks.

I would think the RS7's would be a lot lighter than the XTR one's.

according to Middleburn
http://www.middleburn.co.uk/tech_crankweights.php

the RS7 Uno with 32 ring
ISIS = 493g
Square = 512g
+ add your choice of bottom bracket in to the equation as M952 need to use M95x bottom bracket

Best guestimate, though since you have them you can weigh them
XTR arms and spider ~485g
rings n bolts ~45g
(total guestimate 530g)
bb M952 215g

I have M950s scuffed to buggery but would prefer Middleburn on looks and weight. Alternatively you could get the XTR crank arms polished up silver?

In fact Mrburgundy you got me thinking :shock: :shock: Middleburn's for my Trimble. Looked on their web site plus CRC at BB's I had Middleburns on my Klein BITD

Why didn't the idea come sooner :roll: :LOL:

Yeh...you're all right of course...Middleburns to stay. :)

Curly68":2z92xg93 said:
Keep the Middleburns and sell the BTR's to me cheap for my restoish DH build!

What are BTR's :? :LOL: Probably just keep the XTR's in the stash drawer for emergency trading (when they arrive)....would be perfect for a downhill build though...52T ring on them :shock:

Back