Middleburn is no more.

That's really sad, but was almost inevitable given the market and their product line up.

Unlikely that Hope would save them, as they eventually became their competitor when Hope moved into the cranks and chainring world.

That sucks!

If someone does take the company on the first thing they need to do is improve the distribution and information. In the last few years it's not been as easy to buy Middleburn as it should be. Also that new logo............

But awesome products. I really hope that someone can do a deal.

firedfromthecircus":2bfw7r8f said:
That sucks!

If someone does take the company on the first thing they need to do is improve the distribution and information. In the last few years it's not been as easy to buy Middleburn as it should be. Also that new logo............

But awesome products. I really hope that someone can do a deal.

I wonder if this is what happens when CRC drops you and people cannot buy things for a reasonable competitive price?

I have Middleburn cranks on three bikes and have loved them over the years but I got mightily hacked off with Middleburn earlier this year. I wanted to buy a direct mount narrow wide ring and they wanted the thick end of £90 for it. I remember thinking at the time that they wouldn't sell many of them - and I was a real devotee. Hope show the way with their excellent products at a fair price.

I don't think matters were helped by the fact that the truly atrocious Active Sport in Buxton seemed to be Middleburn's main retailer.

wynne" Hope show the way with their excellent products at a fair price.[/quote said:
not sure I agree with that. Excellent products at high prices IMO. You do get what you pay for but then you always did with Middleburn too.

Re:

The Hope equivalent direct mount chainring is half the price of what Middleburn was asking. That was my only point of comparison.

As I said, I love Middleburn stuff, but I balked at that.

Re:

Never owned any of their product tbh ( not a fan of Cos copying other premium product eg Cook Bros, the originals) but gutted to see a home grown Co go down like this. High end manu products is what the UK does best.

Re:

Can't fault the cranks - was planning on buying there R01 this year.

The supply chain and getting their products out in time unfortunatly was not the best.

Back