middleburn, is it my imagination or . . .

ok, i had emailed the activesport guys prior to knowing about them having a poor service record, i have to say their email back was helpful but i still have questions, i have also emailed RJC so i'll see what their response is aswel.

that's the thing wanted to ask a question, get an answer, then buy them and receive them a day or so later, just don't want the hassle of special ordering via a shop hence looking for an actual stockist.

i thought these would be easy to sort, have emailed middleburn again, hoping for a clear answer from the horses mouth

Had to wait 3 months once for a spider - out of stock everywhere until there was a production run.

At least on Ebay you can be pretty sure the goods are available.

Mailed RJC an hour or so ago and got the following back in an hour or so -

Hi,
Yes we have both the rings in stock and with the Hardcoat finish.
Regards,
Jon
RJC X-TREME

Order to that gentleman. ;)

weird, i can't find the email i sent to RJC . . . hmm.

anyway, i may have found the answer here:-

specifically Andy R's post down the page

viewtopic.php?t=91813

some of you may know i am having a bike built (again) last piece of the puzzle is the cranks and BB.

i want middleburn and i am using an alfine rear end, but i have never used a singlespeed/ring/alfine set up before so i am unfamiliar with the issues of chainline of this type of set up. it seemed like every time i looked into it people had different recommendations, the internet made it worse frankly!

i wanted RS7 cranks (square taper) as i prefer the look as they don't have the weird looking tension part on them that the external set does, then i had questions of the best set up, uno ring or spider and ring, and which one gave the correct chainline and did i need to differ from the recommended 113mm BB axle length. no one seemed to offer an answer from middleburn or activesport (i'm sure i emailed RJC but having just checked my sent box i can't find it, thinking about it, i did it direct through their site so it won't be in my sent box, idiot!)

so i think i have found the answer, just need to order now!

appreciate the help though guys, i sort of thought not many would be using this set up though so wouldn't have known, should have known better :oops:

Active Sport is a trading name of Mark Antony Cycles. Might I suggest a google of mark antony cycles before you make up your mind to place an order with them.
Their shop is fairly local, I personally would rather travel further afield than cross their threshold.
Caveat emptor.

Back