Middleburn crank history

Gruff":11o02cjk said:
Another note....... when i used to frequent my LBS "Sensible Bike Company" in Liss in Hampshire Both Bob from Goldtech & the guy that ran Middleburn used to come on the Saturday morning rides that started from the shop.

I remember Bob having a set of that Black & gold kit on his Spesh M2, that was a gorgeous bike.
I think that one of them had a Marin team Titanium which we used to drool over too.

On another note we also had ShockTech just up the road in Kingsley near Bordon although i never met any of those guys.

Funny you should mention 'Sensible Bike Company' as I have just acquired some Ltd Edition Blue RS3's and some Gold Middleburn hubbed wheels...all with original receipts from SBC :cool:

Edit: I also have this Catalogue
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100308

SStumpjump":b46t8bdg said:
ferrus":b46t8bdg said:
DM":b46t8bdg said:
:shock: Those black & gold Shoguns "look" awesome.
If you like the look of them you'd probably love the Goldtec/Middleburn stuff. The chainring and spider were one piece, Ti nitride coated titanium.

A whole Goldtec system of chainset, hubs and Ti nitrided Ti cassette was availiable and was reputedly the smoothest, longest lasting drive train ever. It did cost nearly £800 though in '94!

middleburn_goldtec.jpg

Here you go... ;)

Please sir can I come and have a look at them, bike and maybe just put them on my bike for a little bit to see what they look like and then you decide how nice they look on my bike and let me keep them?, no? oh ok then :-(

anyone spoke to Philip on here?

i bought some parts off him a while back and he had just married into the middleburn family.

was going to put some pic's up off splash ano middbleburn parts.

Doug

I have a pair of Middleburn RS-DHs at home, I'll post a pic tonight. As far as I can tell they're very similar to the RS3s.

The crank arms have been forged in Italy for some time apparently. There was a big thread on it over at STW. That's all I know.......

Back