Mid 80s Gallic Carbone Fibre Eye Candy

kohl57@yahoo.com":17q2gysk said:
Hard to make a honest comparison since the valid one is with the original Vitus Carbone 3 vs. the PY-10FC. What I have is the Carbone 9 with the Kevlar/Carbon tubing and of course, the rear is carbon, too. So the Carbone 9 (which literally just rode this morning and am... in love!) is quite different and as stiff and responsive as you would want BUT with the wonderful resilient alloy fork. So in the end, they are pretty much equal. But I suspect the PY-10FC is rather stiffer in feel and ride to the Carbone 3 with the original plain carbon tubing.

What I like about the the Vitus frames is that they LOOK entirely traditional and "old school" with the conventionally sized tubes etc. The PY-10FC reminds me more of my Masi 3v with the oversized tubing... which works visually very well in the larger frames I ride.

Peter Kohler
Washington DC USA

I have a NOS Carbone 9 awaiting build. Sounds like I should get on with it

_12%204.jpg

Do it baby! I am in rapture over the ride, handling and "feeling" of mine.. astonishingly light, stiff but the alloy fork gives the machine great road dampening qualities and there is no "dead" or "hollow" feeling later monocoque carbon frames have. I am steel frame devotee, but really love these "composite" carbone/alloy Vitus machines.

Peter Kohler
Washington DC USA

Don't you mean "The PY-10FC is essentially the Vitus Carbone 3" NOT 7 ?

As the Vitus Carbone 7 had the carbon chain & seat stays the same as the 9.

Back