Met a legend yesterday (warning thread contains Crud)

Re: jmc bike

mr crud":1sqb5pvw said:
Great meeting you John, so cool to know that people are still appreciating DIRT. I put so much passion and heart into that vid, it’s without doubt one of my proudest achievements.
Dear Jason is gone but never forgotten. Immortalised by his own personality. His spirit rides with us on every trip.
Ride on!

Was simply amazing to meet you too Pete, and trust me there are many of us that love and appreciate the film Dirt, even to this day!

And meeting you, discussing with you, the behind the scenes stuff has only reinforced my mindset toward the film..

It genuinely was the soundtrack to my youth, and I still find myself playing certain songs and segments from the film to myself in my head when I'm out on my bike!

I think with your input to mountain biking, through products and indeed 'that' film, you influenced many more lives at a formative age, than you may realise!
I have an album of pictures from this years/the first malverns in 20 years, of Jason's bikes (Including the mammoth downhill bike) and my humble replica, which I will happily send over if you'd like to see them I will happily forward this to you!

Thank you again Pete, yesterday was an amazing day for us both I think, thank you, John.

Re:

Glad to see a fair few people also feeling the love and appreciating how cool the whole thing was!
I'm still really excited about the whole thing happening and it was a few days ago now haha :LOL:

Brilliant thread! Did you get about any of the other spots? I think I might have chatted to you on Facebook a while back about the location of some of them.

Neilios":1mpne3ui said:
Brilliant thread! Did you get about any of the other spots? I think I might have chatted to you on Facebook a while back about the location of some of them.

I've already been to quite a few, and I think Pete was quite surprised at the number of placed I'd found/worked out lol
Been to Boggle Hole after trawling Google maps on street view and found the stream/ford, was told about beggars bridge by someone on the fb page, and Glaisdale rigg too, if either of those were you, thank you greatly!

Also been to what the locals refer to as 'the moon' above sandsend and the golf course at ravenscar too!

Got some awesome pics and some ace memories, but now I've updated the spec on my bike, I need to revisit all, or most of them, for up to date pics, when summer rolls round again :)

Spudly":2l81utxn said:
Neilios":2l81utxn said:

I've already been to quite a few, and I think Pete was quite surprised at the number of placed I'd found/worked out lol
Been to Boggle Hole after trawling Google maps on street view and found the stream/ford, was told about beggars bridge by someone on the fb page, and Glaisdale rigg too, if either of those were you, thank you greatly!

Also been to what the locals refer to as 'the moon' above sandsend and the golf course at ravenscar too!

Got some awesome pics and some ace memories, but now I've updated the spec on my bike, I need to revisit all, or most of them, for up to date pics, when summer rolls round again :)

Yeah that was me :) Looking forward to seeing the updated pics!

i'm loving this! funnily enoughed i watched dirt last night. first time i'd seen it since it came out. jason died on my birthday so sort of sticks with me. as for meeting your heroes, i met hans rey last year at one of his talks. i was in the rear car park behind the venue and he walked over, and we chatted (mainly about zaskars and pre internet times) for 30 mins. great normal bloke! last night when i watched dirt, the thing that surprised me was how the music soundtracks came flooding back! i'd forgotten about those tunes! ha ha!

Back