Sold Merlin Mountain Titanium Frame 18" 1993

marvolo

Dirt Disciple
If you clicked on the thread you probably know what this is. These don't come up often.

MORE FULL RES IMAGES ON GOOGLE PHOTOS ALBUM

Sizing is what I'd consider M/L, with measurements:

- Seat tube 18" center to center (19" to top)
- Top tube 23" center to center
- Seat tube for a 27.2mm post and 34.9mm front derailleur clamp
- 68mm English/BSA threaded BB shell
- Frame will clear a 2.3" tire, fork probably more
- 16" chainstay center to center
- 125mm (just shy of 5") headtube

Seat tube has a mount near BB shell to use a bottom pull front derailleur with a pulley wheel (it is included but not in the pictures).

Fork is an unknown Tange chromoly fork which is cosmetically imperfect but a decently light pairing for the frame @~900g.

1" Threaded BBB headset installed only in this frame, never ridden.

Everything as pictured weighs 2.684kg.

The frame is in good shape, only things of note are some chain suck marks on the chainstay, and a small dint on the bottom of the downtube next to the BB shell.

Selling it because it's a bit too small for me and I managed to find a larger one (which cost me hundreds more than what I'm asking for this one!!)

Asking $675 USD // $900 CAD which could be negotiable.

- Shipping to the US will be approximately $50 USD
- Shipping overseas UK or Europe is approximately $180+ USD
- Shipping to Canada varies a lot, PM me a postal code.
- Buyer pays PayPal goods & services fee (3-4%) and actual shipping cost, PM for exact quote.

If you're willing to pick it up in Vancouver Canada I'll take cash or e-transfer, no PayPal fees AND I'll cut you a bit of a deal since it saves me the trouble of packing and shipping.

Attachments

• merlin-01.jpg
    merlin-01.jpg
    419.3 KB · Views: 20
  • merlin-02.jpg
    merlin-02.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 20
  • merlin-10.jpg
    merlin-10.jpg
    426.3 KB · Views: 17
  • merlin-11.jpg
    merlin-11.jpg
    407.2 KB · Views: 15
  • merlin-12.jpg
    merlin-12.jpg
    441.9 KB · Views: 16
  • merlin-15.jpg
    merlin-15.jpg
    348 KB · Views: 16
  • merlin-06.jpg
    merlin-06.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 19
  • merlin-03.jpg
    merlin-03.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 17
  • merlin-08.jpg
    merlin-08.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 17
  • merlin-07.jpg
    merlin-07.jpg
    371.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
up and will also consider trades for other nice large steel frames, tange prestige superlight preferably

It's neither based on the measurements.

It measures 18" center of BB to center of top tube. I've checked so many times. The catalog sizes also use center to center.

The top tube is 23" centre to centre which is shorter than both the 17.5" and 18.75" catalog specs (catalog is measuring horizontal, which would be a touch shorter than center to center).

The headtube is 5", which is spec for the 18.75" model in the catalog.

And since it has top tube cable routing we already know it was custom order, so the customer must have requested this off-spec geo as well.

I guess based on TT and ST it is closer to the 17.5", but I'll continue to call it 18" because it is technically neither the 17.5 or 18.75.

Hi, do you still have it to sell?

Do you have the pulley mount on the seat tube for use with a bottom pull FD, it's at the description but not at the pictures.

The frame is brushed or polished ? I'm not sure by looking at the pictures.

Thanks,
Al

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back