Merlin Metalworks Owners Thread & Serial Numbers collect

i added some sn at my https://merlintitanium.com/merlin_register.html. if you have receipt with your merlin please let me know it so i can make a the list more clear.
serialnumbers_how_to.png

Very helpful in confirming my #394 as a 1988 @newsboy

If 389 on your register was from September of that year, then one only 5 frames later certainly has to be too.

Bought #9265 today from the original owner who is now 74 years old. He bought it on January 3rd, 1995. I also got the original receipt from him with the bike! Its been ridden less than 100 kilometers! Almost like brand new. BUT he removed the original decals except for the head badge :-(

IMG_5642.jpeg

Last edited:
Current status of my Merlin #9265. Full build thread here:

1993 Merlin Titanium retro Mountainbike MTB build Falko Schloetel Germany_01.jpg

Here is how it looked in the eBay auction and how I got it from the seller :-D Hilarious!

1993 Merlin Titanium retro Mountainbike MTB build Falko Schloetel Germany_02.jpg

Cheers!

Little more from that barn-session. :p
Full Mavic setup, incl. grey Dakar hubs and rims, with Suntour BB-6600 black RC's and XC-II pedals. Fork IRD, saddle Super Turbo from '89.
Just added Salsa stem and FMC Ti-bar. I guess it's done, finally after 8 years! :D

Stunning!

Everyone’s new favorite bars!

Glad to see another Merlin with them. The perfect compliment IMHO.

Back