Merlin E-Stay with Carsten's pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VICE'S TI-TRICKED LIMITED EDITION MERLIN ELEVATOR

bushpig":gkcymr81 said:
GoldenEraMTB":gkcymr81 said:
what's market on one of these, and how was that determined?

just curious ;)

I don't really know, but the fact that this one has been listed for a long long time suggests to me that this price isn't market.

Your market price inference is incorrect. Two things, and two things only, have prolonged a sale. (1) the outlined PURCHASE PROCEDURE (which does not include "PayPal"); (2) me not being in a hurry to accept offers very close to $3000 USD.

It's funny the number of people who think along these lines: "Well, if he wants $3000, then he'll take $2850 ..." Wrong.

Attachments

• PayPal.jpg
    PayPal.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,246

Tonto Goldstein":ifiqvfif said:
It's funny the number of people who think along these lines: "Well, if he wants $3000, then he'll take $2850 ..." Wrong.

The bike was up for a long time with a lower asking price. It is a nice bike, I am sure you will get decent money for it.

bushpig":2ac2yvgm said:
Tonto Goldstein":2ac2yvgm said:

The bike was up for a long time with a lower asking price. It is a nice bike, I am sure you will get decent money for it.

This Merlin E-Stay build never was posted on any bike site at a lower asking price (and some low Craigslist postings were phonies by people trying to drive down my asking price). Consider this: If I had a dozen Merlin E-Stays listed at the Craigslist prices, they ALL WOULD HAVE SOLD WITHIN ONE WEEK IF I ACCEPTED PAYPAL.

Since being posted on bike sites (approximately one week ago), offers repeatedly come in the upper $2000's. I will wait for $3000 and no PayPal, or I won't sell it. It's that simple. I'm in no hurry.

Tonto Goldstein":13pj3ii9 said:
This Merlin E-Stay build never was posted on any bike site at a lower asking price (and some low Craigslist postings were phonies by people trying to drive down my asking price). Consider this: If I had a dozen Merlin E-Stays listed at the Craigslist prices, they ALL WOULD HAVE SOLD WITHIN ONE WEEK IF I ACCEPTED PAYPAL.

Since being posted on bike sites (approximately one week ago), offers repeatedly come in the upper $2000's. I will wait for $3000 and no PayPal, or I won't sell it. It's that simple. I'm in no hurry.

Wasn't it on CL like a year ago for $2750 and then more recently for 2650? I mean, it was on your local CL and the text of the ad seemed the same. Sorry, maybe I am missing something.

bushpig":2syn5bni said:
Tonto Goldstein":2syn5bni said:

Wasn't it on CL like a year ago for $2750 and then more recently for 2650? I mean, it was on your local CL and the text of the ad seemed the same. Sorry, maybe I am missing something.

Yes, you are missing two very obvious points that I will not belabor beyond this response. POINT ONE: Local or not, as I said, if I had a dozen Merlin E-Stays listed at the old Craigslist prices, they all would have sold within one week IF I ACCEPTED PAYPAL, but I do not. POINT TWO: Something you should have noticed by virtue of the title "Merlin E-Stay with Carsten's pics," I didn't have pics to email to interested folks, including locals ... that was an immediate turn off. I remedied that in September 2009 by purchasing a digital camera. Hence, the new pics and regular, solid offers in the upper $2000 USD's. I'm not in a hurry. I will wait until my Merlin E-Stay fetches $3000, or I simply won't sell it. So if you're looking for a "fire sale," you'll have to look elsewhere. End of story.

Not to belabor the point, but I am not making offers on your bike. It is a nice bike, and if the build was cleaned up a bit could be really top-shelf. I won't be surprised if you sell your bike at some point for your asking price. I have a proto-type Merlin and an early Merlin and that is good enough for me.

bushpig":363gzv1p said:
That said, I like your bike and if the price was market, I'd be interested in buying it.

bushpig":363gzv1p said:
Not to belabor the point, but I am not making offers on your bike. It is a nice bike, and if the build was cleaned up a bit could be really top-shelf. I won't be surprised if you sell your bike at some point for your asking price. I have a proto-type Merlin and an early Merlin and that is good enough for me.

One could infer an offer in that first quote, so the seller is not completely off base. Besides, some are known for poopooing great bikes in order to keep the price down, (not saying this is you), but it's known to have happened...so I don't have a problem with the seller's tone.

To the seller, good luck with your sale- it's a very cool bike, and kudos to you for sticking by your price.

That said, are you considering trades/ partial trades? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back