Mercian Strada Speciale 753t

Midlife":2ab1axck said:
Classy looking Mercian :D Been loking for some forks like those for my CarHall.........Mercian always did a good set of forks and stays :)

what's the box on the non-drive side chainstay?

Shaun
Alright Shaun

It's a speed / cadence sensor for a Garmin. Hopefully they will make it smaller in future as it does stand out rather a lot.

Old Ned":2c40fmxo said:
Lovely frame, really nice and 'tight'.

How does it handle?
Hi Ned

I have only ridden it a couple of times, but I like it. Out the saddle it feels really responsive, not much flex in it at all. I took my hands off though at about 20mph and it got a bit of a wobble on! Max speed I have done is about 35 mph and it felt nice (hands on bars obviously!)

I am planning on riding some local tens on it this year on a 5 mile hilly circuit near me, that will give me a better idea how it rides.

Cheers
Matt

Re: Re:

Matt_wood55":126hznsy said:
roadking":126hznsy said:
Super nice Matt.

Jon.
Cheers Jon

Any links to pics of your Pro Super & Ken Bird on here??

I regret not, the Pro Super is looking rather forlorn: a mouse event when it was stored in the loft - you can ask, but I didn't believe it either!

My Bird is currently undergoing a frame resto (Simon Bird, Ken's son, kindly supplied transfers), and I cannot decide what group to fit; it originally had a first gen DA set (black brakes etc*) but lost many of the components over the years - how does that happen?

Jon.

*still have the black brakes though.

Re: Re:

roadking":25mw8ve3 said:
Matt_wood55":25mw8ve3 said:
roadking":25mw8ve3 said:
Super nice Matt.

Jon.
Cheers Jon

Any links to pics of your Pro Super & Ken Bird on here??

I regret not, the Pro Super is looking rather forlorn: a mouse event when it was stored in the loft - you can ask, but I didn't believe it either!

My Bird is currently undergoing a frame resto (Simon Bird, Ken's son, kindly supplied transfers), and I cannot decide what group to fit; it originally had a first gen DA set (black brakes etc*) but lost many of the components over the years - how does that happen?

Jon.

*still have the black brakes though.

I had a chrome pro super. Should never have sold it.

Is the mouse now an ex mouse? I hope so.

Back