Meeting of the great northland clans?

velomaniac":1wjv6dxv said:
Not for me,Dalbeattie has put me right off the rock infested trails of the SW 7 stanes. Also that black run I suspect is proper black not Glentress's lame affair.

Its nothing like Dalbeattie- much less rocky, nor is it severe, dinnae be a jessie...
meant to be the best of all the stanes

I might make it but quite busy for the next couple of months

Will try and make this one, so long as there is enough from up here going (not that i'm a shitebag but strength in numbers and all that :LOL: )

Will try and get the LTS sorted for then :cool:

One thing I've learned is anything DaveDH says is at the very least downright untrue. He says its easy so I read it as very difficult and if he says its difficult (Nevis Range Red) then I just dont go there :roll: A recommendation from him will not persuade me and if he does drag me there he has to ride his dyna ti not his full sus :twisted:

I dont like crashes as I no longer bounce and although ZZ crashes more often that is of little consequence to me :roll:

oh go on you big jessie, you only crash when you are pushing the envelope so bring a padded jiffy bag and you'll be fine.

velomaniac":1qg662zj said:
ZZ crashes more often
I resemble that remark. Actually, we do seem to feed off each other and create some sort of crash black hole that follows us around and constantly sucks us back in. I think if we can keep enough distance between us, we should be fine.

And apart from numerous comedy moments that don't really count as crashes, I've actually had a not bad few months. Last serious off was November, prior to that I can't actually remember... :p

Anyway, definitely don't want to miss this one, another 7Stane ticked off.

yeah you seem to have shaken the crash hoodoo now zz I thought it was The big K that had inherited the throne mind you, I'm prob up next given my foolhardy antics combined with my lack of skill :roll:

Actually, I had forgotten about Thrunton... a day of crashes interspersed with occasional riding and far too much walking. Still want to go back, but will be armed with discs, decent tyres and the right SS ratio.

velomaniac":3r1azyvv said:
One thing I've learned is anything DaveDH says is at the very least downright untrue.

Was I or was I not vindicated over the GT Black?!?!?! :LOL:

In other news, have ordered the wedding ring today, unfortunately there is no such thing as a Shimano XTR ring, nor do Intense, Ringle, Fat or Nicolai produce such a thing. Titanium inlaid with carbon can however, be found...

Davedownhill":1fkuegfr said:
velomaniac":1fkuegfr said:
One thing I've learned is anything DaveDH says is at the very least downright untrue.

Was I or was I not vindicated over the GT Black?!?!?! :LOL:

In other news, have ordered the wedding ring today, unfortunately there is no such thing as a Shimano XTR ring, nor do Intense, Ringle, Fat or Nicolai produce such a thing. Titanium inlaid with carbon can however, be found...

watch the carbon ones...........i've broke one and went to a plain titanium one now , 5 years and it's never once bent/ovalised !

Back