Mecacycle Turbo - SOLD

GordonB

Retro Guru
SOLD
I've finally had to accept that this bike is simply too big for me and at my age I'm not going to grow any more. This is an exceptionally rare Mecacycle Turbo that I put together about 6 years ago and which has seen little use since then, but has been improved by the addition of the correct bars. A real head-turner and the cause of a number of near crashes as fellow cyclists try to work out what the hell it is. The spec is as follows;

Frame - Super Vitus 980 tubing Special Double Butted Serie Extra Legere, 58cm centre of bb to top of seat tube, 56cm centre to centre top tube. Powder coated in RAL1016 Sulphur Yellow but the finish is superb, virtually no marks to the finish.
The Mecacycle Turbo decals are originals and came with the frame when I bought it, I have a spare pair of the gold Mecacycle decals but no Turbo ones. As the adhesive on the decals was iffy they have been covered in helicopter tape.
Fitted almost completely with Shimano 105 including chainset (53/39 rings, 170mm cranks), rear mech, brake calipers, brake levers, shifters, hubs.
Bars are Mecacycle specific Modul'r by 3TTT and are fully pantographed. These bars are almost impossible to get hold of, took me three years of searching, finally got some from France at an outrageous price.
No name stem 90mm ctc
Suntour Cyclone 2 front mech heavily modifed and fitted with own manufacture adapter to fit bottle boss fitting on split seat tube. Not original equipment but despite years of searching I cannot get the correct Huret one. This one works fine.
Seat post - Mecacycle quill fixing seat post 26.6mm, no bolt in frame, the seat post fits like a quill handlebar stem. Almost impossible to get hold of these days.
Saddle- Selle Italia Turbomatic 3
Wheels - Mavic 190NE rims on Shimano 105 hubs, 7 speed Shimano cassette. Tyres are Vredestein Fortezza Tricomp but will need replacing as the sidewalls on one are cracked.
Shimano bottom bracket
Bottle cage - minimalist titanium
Pedals - Look 256

Price £575, bike can be collected from just north of Ipswich, I travel about a bit, may be able to meet by arrangement. I will be travelling to Harrogate and back on 17 June and Birmingham and back 18 June. Should be coming down to Shoreham w/c 13 June but not sure when.

Attachments

• Mecacycle 1.jpg
    Mecacycle 1.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 1,282
  • Mecacycle 2.jpg
    Mecacycle 2.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 1,285
  • Mecacycle 3.jpg
    Mecacycle 3.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 1,284
  • Mecacycle 4.jpg
    Mecacycle 4.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 1,284
  • Mecacycle 5.jpg
    Mecacycle 5.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 1,279
  • Mecacycle 6.jpg
    Mecacycle 6.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 1,278
  • Mecacycle 7.jpg
    Mecacycle 7.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,278
  • Mecacycle 8.jpg
    Mecacycle 8.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 1,280
Re:

Lovely bike, handlebars are a bit crazy, I have one of these bikes in original colours with original front mech, I'll pm you a pic

Back