MC1 Klein Attitude

Factorycol

98+ BoTM Winner
Yeti Fan
Feedback
View
Well I wasn't expecting to find one, and then one came up 30 mins from my house, so thanks to Justin, I'm now the proud owner of this frameset.

I've got lots of plans for the build, so I'll start a thread so I can keep track of them and record my progress.

328709563_159870696509064_6922084322652228710_n.jpg

The frame number is AB2B, which is quick nice because I run a business to business company :)

Hopefully a project I can finish this summer.

Internet help on one of the Klein facebook groups seems to suggest that it might be a '91 frame that was resprayed in later because the colour is more recent than the frame numbers.

I'd lean more toward 92'. Note the fork crown weld differences from the 91' catalogue vs 92'. Also your decal style seems to line up more with the 92' model year

Capture223.JPG

Capture222.JPG

I'd lean more toward 92'. Note the fork crown weld differences from the 91' catalogue vs 92'. Also your decal style seems to line up more with the 92' model year

View attachment 720307

View attachment 720309
Top photo is of a 1990 even though it shows it in the 1991 catalogue.
The 1991 frames/forks had a white outline to the Klein lettering and a few very early 1991 bikes were supplied with the box crown fork before quickly switching to the uni-crown.

Top photo is of a 1990 even though it shows it in the 1991 catalogue.
The 1991 frames/forks had a white outline to the Klein lettering and a few very early 1991 bikes were supplied with the box crown fork before quickly switching to the uni-crown.
Good to know, dating Kleins of this era can be tough, pretty sure the SNs cannot be used as with other brands, at least from what I've read.

Dating my Pinnacle ended up coming down to a geometry change that happened between 90' & 91' otherwise it would not have been that clear to decide

interesting, so the frame number being in the early format, but the fork indicating 92+ could mean its a 91 that had a respray at the time of a new fork perhaps, or it could just be an early 92, with the new fork / paint, but older style frame numbers.

interesting, so the frame number being in the early format, but the fork indicating 92+ could mean its a 91 that had a respray at the time of a new fork perhaps, or it could just be an early 92, with the new fork / paint, but older style frame numbers.
ya, potentially with your era frame the frame number can be helpful, my Pinnacle is R0B3A

Back