MBK Special pro…thoughts?

sefton1275gt

Dirt Disciple
I’ve spotted this but don’t know much about it..does anyone have any comments about it?

Attachments

• 038AEF2E-8599-48ED-B14A-7B6B34092A76.jpeg
    038AEF2E-8599-48ED-B14A-7B6B34092A76.jpeg
    202.9 KB · Views: 54
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
MBK are the rump of Motobecane iirc, like Bianchi they did a range of frames from training frames to more top end like the one above.

No mistaking the French connection lol.

Lovely bike for sure but I think the pricing is overly optimistic given they cannot prove this was ever a La Redoute team bike.

Arc en ciel are one of my fave rims from BITD, good compromise between strength and lightness. The French kit is a bit marmite, the downtube shifters are considered by many to be the best.

Sadly I predict this will get split up – I can't see it selling at that price, MBK just isn't a name people are drawn to. I'd like to think if I was selling it I'd lower the price for it to remain all original as a full bike, but that's easy for me to say.

Hmmm…no good for regular rides in the real world. (Doable but not ideal )

I’m looking for a fast period bike from around the 80s for audaxs that will take guards…but this is so nice (is it worth getting a wet arse for ) haha

Back