Mayhem 'VERY RELAXED' 10 man team sub thread

PeachyPM":8rmr9twh said:
Hold on lads, how we doing this? Lap number or time? We can’t do both......
You're not expecting some semblance of order are you?

Go join another team then, see where being sensible gets you then. Or you could stay and enjoy the unfolding chaos. Theses lap arrangements mean little once we all get there, eat drink and sleep sporadically, size up the track, realise we need longer/shorter/lighter/darker/more travel/more water/new legs etc etc etc

The History Man":1qkgg8ca said:
PeachyPM":1qkgg8ca said:

Go join another team then, see where being sensible gets you then. Or you could stay and enjoy the unfolding chaos. Theses lap arrangements mean little once we all get there, eat drink and sleep sporadically, size up the track, realise we need longer/shorter/lighter/darker/more travel/more water/new legs etc etc etc

Ok.... wake me when it’s my turn.....

The History Man":9xt1ywar said:
PeachyPM":9xt1ywar said:

Ok this is my withdrawal..

fotorat1":2gp7effv said:
The History Man":2gp7effv said:
PeachyPM":2gp7effv said:

????? You do know THM is just teasing me?

fotorat1":gyfu9vys said:
The History Man":gyfu9vys said:
PeachyPM":gyfu9vys said:

It's all very civilised really. We even had a flip chart last time. I draw the line at a powerpoint display though. I shall bring some pens and we can use spud's caravan as a whiteboard. Things are usually tweaked a bit after the sighting laps but it's fine.

PeachyPM":8p03iua5 said:
We obviously have to work around lap numbers. The times are a VERY rough guide as some racers may be 20 mins faster than the average 1hr 10m and THM, I mean 'others' may be 40 mins slower. Throw into that punctures, mechanicals, offs, a small picnic followed by a short nap on course and the timings go to crap. Last time those who secured the 'spiritual' dawn lap were pushed back and missed it. Like Dirk said, it's very much an unknown chaotic mess, just how we like it.

Re:

here is last time around and formed the basis of loose running order and included space to be modified on the day

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 641
Hotwheels.":25gr05rn said:
PeachyPM":25gr05rn said:
We obviously have to work around lap numbers. The times are a VERY rough guide as some racers may be 20 mins faster than the average 1hr 10m and THM, I mean 'others' may be 40 mins slower. Throw into that punctures, mechanicals, offs, a small picnic followed by a short nap on course and the timings go to crap. Last time those who secured the 'spiritual' dawn lap were pushed back and missed it. Like Dirk said, it's very much an unknown chaotic mess, just how we like it.
My last dawn lap started at 11pm.

Re:

Plus the fact that no one knows the length of a lap or the terrain as its the 1st time at this venue.
Best thing is to have some kind of drunken argument/ meeting when we're all there.

last time out my team was about 3 hours ahead of plan by midnight, and that includes one really slow lap that was practically walked around due to a mechanical. caused a bit of confusion in the dark trying to find people you cant recognise but we muddled through.

I refer you to the team / thread title - relaaaaaaaaaax!

Back