Mayhem aftermath thread

Well I got home just after 7pm and have spent the past 1.5 hrs rounding up 350 cows as someone left the gate open ,was very liberating screwing around at 60mph on a 750cc quad with just a pair of crocs on and pj bottoms .anyhow was great to see old friends and even better to make new ones .when my mind clicks back out of farmer mode I'll post up some more ramblings

Likewise fab weekend. My first RB meet-up, hopefully not my last.
I loved being around all the 'proper' bikes & people. Plenty of new friends made.

The History Man":1889cuy1 said:
I think Doug should go in business making climbing frames.

Did I miss something or do you genuinely live in a parallel universe ?

Re:

Great to see so many Retrobikers!

Some new ones to me, as well as the friends I've already made on here, one way or another. Hope you all got home without traffic problems, or spotting Nobby in his pj's.

I was so fooked, I had to have a 1/2hr kip in the back of the van on the way home, at a m/way service station! Lack of air-con didn't help either!

Looking forward to photos, didn't get many myself I'm afraid, not much free time in between laps.

Mike

Re:

Home half an hour ago after epic 9 hour trip, if I did not need to replenish caffeine and food evey second service station between Mayhem and Edinburgh, it might have been faster. Jeezo doon sooth is a ruddy long way away :shock:

Anyhoo it was a fantastical weekend full of all the unusual suspects who I am sure will all stick their head in here. The course in the bone dry was epic, I hooned around my first lap like a man possessed, truly the most fun. I was surprised how many riders took the B - Line (Chicken Run) around the big descent which latterly from what I gather caused the exit from the wee stream crossing to become a slippery morass no one could ride, The A - Line descent was great bone dry as you always got a tail slide kick right at the bottom which was major grin factor for me and the pedal out was surprisingly easy. The new bits of trail were also a hoot. However the long draggy climbs were still a big drag but at least mud was very minimal, Glad my laps were in dark so it was nice and cool with the owls hooting in the trees. Heat during day was unreal, not been this sunburnt in yonks and I am not a stereotypical peely wally complexioned scot
Finally THM's old sidekick Frank the monster bike, or at least his core, his frame now resides at Velo towers. What mad creation can I build out of him for a future event :LOL:

Latest posts

Back