Mayhem aftermath thread

Re:

To be fair with Nobby getting a front page spot in the paper they probably didn't want to make all the non retro bike riders too jealous ;)

Re:

Well that was an awesome weekend, good to meet old and new faces, sorry for riding modern this year:facepalm:

I managed 9 laps as a solo, the heat was very draining and I could not of done it without the help of Chris Longbone, it was a good idea to ride together, cheers buddy.

Anyway just a few pics from me

Setting up camp

Its a bit warm

Modern weapon :facepalm:

Retro HQ

Do not approach this man

Awesome dry trails

Team mates

Mr Ringo

Night time

We did it

Well I am back in Sweden after a great Mayhem weekend, followed by a week pedalling up and down the North Yorkshire Moors and the Wolds (380 Km and 5500 metres) :shock: .

Great to meet and - speak to/ride/drink/eat/hang-out with everyone, special thanks go to Andy for getting me in to Gatcombe on the thursday after my 1950 Km trip from up here (and for his great hospitality).

Interesting to note that my lap on the B.O.L.X. in the crazy mid-afternoon heat of day 1 was 2 minutes and 5 minutes quicker than those two laps on my modern ride (press-ganged in to use due to major chain-suck on the B.O.L.X) in the relative cool of the next day's morning...

For those interested, I managed to get an average of 22.5 MPG (12.5 L/100Km) out of BOLLOX over the 4411 Kms of my trip.

Didn't get stopped once for my plates by the Rozzers, but apparently photo'd and posted on Instagram by a passer bye

Some pics (mainly Bikes)

Mayhem18 by Bollox2u, on Flickr

Mayhem17 by Bollox2u, on Flickr

Mayhem16 by Bollox2u, on Flickr

Mayhem15 by Bollox2u, on Flickr

mayhem14 by Bollox2u, on Flickr

mayhem13 by Bollox2u, on Flickr

mayhem12 by Bollox2u, on Flickr

mayhem11 by Bollox2u, on Flickr

mayhem10 by Bollox2u, on Flickr

mayhem9 by Bollox2u, on Flickr

mayhem8 by Bollox2u, on Flickr

mayhem7 by Bollox2u, on Flickr

mayhem6 by Bollox2u, on Flickr

mayhem5 by Bollox2u, on Flickr

mayhem4 by Bollox2u, on Flickr

mayhem3 by Bollox2u, on Flickr

mayhem2 by Bollox2u, on Flickr

mayhem1 by Bollox2u, on Flickr

mayhem by Bollox2u, on Flickr

mayhem21 by Bollox2u, on Flickr

mayhem23 by Bollox2u, on Flickr

Re:

Good set of photos there, Stuart and Alec! Great to meet you both!

Was it really only two weeks ago ? ! :shock:

Just cleaned the Marin off yesterday, bit dusty! Been a busy month and hardly looked at a bike since I got back. Then I took it out at lunch today and its coated in good healthy Derbyshire sheep muck, just as nature intended.

Any word on the future of mayhem yet?

RickTheUncivil":1t0qtblv said:

sadly not, :(

I guess there's still a lot to sort out and rumor has it that its running in conjunction with another attraction
so both parties would need to come together and agree on pretty much everything.

image if it was held at Longleat Safari park with the last leg going through the lions enclosure

just hope big Pat comes good for 2018

BTW

if anyone wants another green RB/Mayhem sticker for their tool box or second bike,

drop me a PM I've got about a dozen left over

Bollox64":34x3skfy said:
...... a week pedalling up and down the North Yorkshire Moors and the Wolds (380 Km and 5500 metres) :shock: .
For those interested, I managed to get an average of 22.5 MPG (12.5 L/100Km) out of BOLLOX over the 4411 Kms of my trip.

You win.

And when you decide to get rid of that awful truck you let me know, I'm tired of getting 50mpg :D

RickTheUncivil":3l2i4irt said:
Bollox64":3l2i4irt said:
...... a week pedalling up and down the North Yorkshire Moors and the Wolds (380 Km and 5500 metres) :shock: .

You win.

And when you decide to get rid of that awful truck you let me know, I'm tired of getting 50mpg :D

it wouldn't have been much of a leap of imagination to see 50 Cal mounted on top Bollox64
and it cruising the streets of down town Mogadishu

Retro Spud":au8x219v said:
RickTheUncivil":au8x219v said:

sadly not, :(

after this year sadly i don't think i will be getting involved with pat and will be just doing the classic malvern. i aint got time for the bed at ten caper, i want a weekend of drink ride and eat and be able to use my facilities throughout the night to support the teams.

still stunned andy

Re:

Fancy a weekend ooop north buddy were planning a full weekend of riding drinking and raving. All on private land ;) details coming soon

Back