Mayhem 2017 "Retro-Bution" Team sub thread

Re: Re:

cherrybomb":3k6euwme said:
It's going to be fab to finally put names to faces after all this time.

That's when you find out the stranger you've been talking to for the past 20 minutes turns out to be someone you actually know quite well on here! .... Or you look at some random bike and spot some parts that you sold, and then try and remember who you sold it to !

Three months time we'll be there !

Re:

Once you've met me, you'll be scarred for life. :LOL: There's a reason I don't do 'selfies'

What distance are the laps roughly? Trying to work out rough timing estimations for myself based on my local (can guarantee it won't be any more climbing than that because nearly the whole thing is climbing) as a kind of a personal challenge.

Re: Re:

MarinMartin":21vggrbv said:
What distance are the laps roughly? Trying to work out rough timing estimations for myself based on my local (can guarantee it won't be any more climbing than that because nearly the whole thing is climbing) as a kind of a personal challenge.

Given the course hasn't changed that much in the past, biggest change being year two when it changed direction the below from last year should still hold good and give you some idea of what to expect

if you accept what my Strava was for last year its approx 900 feet of climbing or put another way 900 feet of descents :D spread over 7 and a bit miles which takes you right past Annes House all be it at the bottom of her garden. and when you ride past it (especially in the dark) don't be tempted to run into the bushes for a leek... or worse, they have a lot of security on

anyway hope the below helps answer your question, find a local loop around 10 miles long with 900 feet of climbs/descents etc and you'll not go far wrong.

oh and when you ride up the Donkey's nob at the 6 1/2 mile stage on the way home, prepare yourself for a load of abuse.... from some uncouth yobs who set up along the track side and heckle everyone

Attachments

• Mayhem Map site .jpg
    Mayhem Map site .jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 498
  • laptime.png
    laptime.png
    107 KB · Views: 498
Re:

Ah ideal cheers. yeah my local is 12km with about 800ishft of climbing according to some locals with strava (I don't use it - I ride for fun not stats).

I've got a 62 mile sportive in 6 weeks with at least 1200ft of climbing so that should set me up nicely. Although I'm slightly bricking it now as

a) i've never ridden a road bike - only just bought one, and

b) furthest I've ever ridden is 28 miles haha. I wanted a challenge.

Hotwheels.":19d48lig said:
Urrrggghhh...a road bike.

yeah I know I wasn't too happy about it. Think I might pee some of the 'proper' roadies off though, no lycra for me and even fitted mountain bike pedals. Got a drop bar and a flat bar with disc brakes etc so might use that instead.

And rest assured they will be sold as soon as the sportive is over (it's organised by my work and got persuaded to do it by a colleague as I swore to do as many cycling events as possible this year before next year's break having surgery).

Re:

Nowt wrong with road bikes. I'll be out on mine in the morning, 60K before breakfast.

Clears the mind nicely. :D

Re:

Well going on the total 100% enthusiastic thread bumping compared with the other two teams i'd say we're well up for it :D

Yes bumpo indeed I wouldn't be without my road bikes 100.4 miles was my longest distance last year not sure I'd want to attempt that on a MTB as much as I love them too especially night rides.

Back