Wanted Mavic or Campagnolo Rims 32H (or any other 1994-made or earlier light weight rim)

MuchAlohaNui

Senior Retro Guru
Howdy,

I made a post in the Rim Matchmaker a few weeks ago and thought I would try a separate thread for slightly more exposure. These rims seem to be tough to find and I am searching ebay EU, Kleinanzeigen and local for sale websites nightly for months. Primarily I am looking for one set of any of the following in NOS or VGC and 32H:

Mavic 217 in the purple/sunset colorway (410 grams)
Mavic 230 VIP (violet/purple) (370 grams)
Campagnolo Mirox (with the striped sticker NOT the checker-pattern sticker) (376 grams)
Matrix Mr. Titan (will consider, but have read their 370g rims had lots of defects and warranty claims)

Please feel free to IM me if you're selling and thanks for the help to anyone looking.

I never realised Mirox rims were so light, I assumed because they were eyeletted they would weigh more than atek or stheno.

Note to self - next time I trip over my secret box of campy rims I should open the box and weigh them

I wonder if Zark weigh the same as mirox

I never realised Mirox rims were so light, I assumed because they were eyeletted they would weigh more than atek or stheno.

Note to self - next time I trip over my secret box of campy rims I should open the box and weigh them

I wonder if Zark weigh the same as mirox
Atek rims seem to be the Campy's of choice here, but on the other hand people complain about them knocking out of true rather easily. Opinions also consistent with other bike forums out there too. I figure if I am going to put up with Campy's and true them every other ride then go the lighter choice. IIRC, Mirox are the lightest from 1994. Be careful about tripping over that box, you may knock a few out of true :LOL:

They may have even gone out of true under their own weight in the secret campy box. I do need to go and investigate because I can't remember which rims I still have in there having sold some and used some over the years.

I've got a pair of Matrix Mt. Titan 32H

Dark ano worn through on braking surface. Pair of gouges on one rim...Dismantled them for the pair of Bullseye 🎯 hubs. Ran them on my (now gone) Trek 8700 composite.
Love hate relationship with them. Rode really well as a light wheelset but getting tyres on and off became a nightmare.

Probably not the VGC you're after but cheap! £15 the pair plus postage.

PXL_20230503_184840363.jpg

PXL_20230503_184909683.jpg

PXL_20230503_184829669.jpg
PXL_20230503_184921286.jpg

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

Last edited:
Hey! Thank you for the offer and the bump. Gonna pass in those as you guessed I am holding out for NOS or VGC. Thanks anyhow!
No problems. Thought I'd put it out there just in case. 😉

Now I've dug them out, I may as well build them onto some hubs I've got kicking about to make them into a rider set of wheels for someone.

Cheers
boy"O"boy

Back