For Sale Mavic Open 4CD Shimano 600 wheels 36/36 100/126, Nitto

Rims are Mavic Open 4CD in lovely condition, Shimano 600 UG hubs in likewise top condition.

Last edited:
Excuse the bad photography, initial pic of the thread shows the colour most accurately in natural light.

I wanted to add that there is a very small ding in the frame, on the top tube, it’s pretty insignificant , certainly doesn’t warrant a repaint or anything to worry about: image.jpg

Mercian Frame and Fork sold, wheels, cockpit and shifters still for sale. Pedals are sold.

Last edited:
Hi. I’m looking for similar wheels. I have an old 6speed Dawes galaxy (freewheel) it’s horizontal drop outs and the current wheels are secured into these dropouts with bolts (not quick release) what would I need to do to make these fit and could I swap my shimano 6speed freewheel cassette over

Hi, wheels are sold now I’m afraid, but to answer your question, the wheels I was selling have an ultra glide shimano cassette, it slots on. And is removed by unscrewing the smallest cog, then it slots off.

It sounds like you have a freewheel rear wheel, which screws off. They are not comparable.

So If you wanted to retain your freewheel with a new wheel, you’d need a screw on type hub if that makes sense!

Hi. I’m looking for similar wheels. I have an old 6speed Dawes galaxy (freewheel) it’s horizontal drop outs and the current wheels are secured into these dropouts with bolts (not quick release) what would I need to do to make these fit and could I swap my shimano 6speed freewheel cassette over
Just to note, if you're looking to replace your wheels, it doesn't really matter if they are quick release or not – these days you're much more likely to find any decent wheels are quick release anyway. The main thing is the width of the rear hub and whether this matches the rear spacing of your bike frame (126, 130 and 135mm are the most common). Google is your friend here...

Back