Mavic help

Scarfacexxx08

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I have these crossmax wheels, can anyone tell me whether these are vbrake compatible?

Attachments

• 20230402_104715.jpg
    20230402_104715.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 35
I don't think so. By that time I think it was only the XL version that had a rim brake track. I could be wrong. What's the width of the brake track? It does look tempting.

I'm 99.9% certain all Crossmax models had ceramic coated braking surfaces.

These are SSC too, so I would be well surprised if they are intended for rim brakes.

What is the hub anyway? Disk or no disk? I don't think they ever made a dual purpose Crossmax either.

These are SSC too, so I would be well surprised if they are intended for rim brakes.

What is the hub anyway? Disk or no disk? I don't think they ever made a dual purpose Crossmax either.
That's a good point.

It is a disc hub, just saw that area and got me thinking

Fat spokes look great yea. You'd need some proper cocaine line width brake pads to use that skinnymadinky bit as a rim brake surface

Disc it is

are they very thick spokes

Those on the SL are always aero flat bladed spokes. On the XL they came with either aero or round spokes depending on year.

Spokes made of AL (Zircal) and they are stiff as hell. The SL rim brake version is probably the highest quality lightweight race day wheel set made in 26" machined to 0.000001mm of it's life. The tension in the spokes is nothing short of outstanding, you need a special spoke key too which looks more like a spanner.

Thing is its not going to be ridden off road, I'm doing a killer v build and have fitted a lefty up front so can only fit a v-brake on the rear. Was hoping this might work

Back