Mavic 571 hubs

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Interesting. Let us know how you get on with any such mod’s…
I finally had a bit of time for this.
I was unable to separate the drive sleeve from the drive ratchet and was afraid of damaging the latter, so I cut and split the (half moon) sleeve.

In the photo below you can see how they are connected.
I have drawn the assembly and will have a Shimano HG compatible freehub body machined to suit. I'll keep things 8-10 speed compatible so that I don't have to start messing with the axle details.

I'll update this as I go.

IMG_20230607_214613.jpg

IMG_20230607_214505.jpg

In the diagram below, you can see that the freehub body is composed of 2 parts, the drive ratchet and the separate sleeve.
My next challenge will be to find the seal that rests on the lip of the drive ratchet..actually I need 3.

IMG_20230607_221433.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing this. It’s quite an endeavour you’ve committed to! -not something I think I’d fancy undertaking.
Looking forward to updates 😀

Looking forward to updates 😀
Here you go!
I found a some Powerway bodies in my stock that placed the bearing in the right location relative to the shell end, so I had them remachined to fit the mavic drive plate. By using a 16100 bearing, I could use the 28mm bearing bore without sleeving and recutting that area.
In the photos below you can see a section of the original half moon drive sleeve and an example of the donor freehub body.
An added advantage is the ability to use an 11t small cog. The original HG bodies fit 12t unless they were recut on the outside edge.

IMG_20230614_193105.jpg IMG_20230614_193159.jpg IMG_20230614_193130.jpg IMG_20230614_193028.jpg

Here you go!
I found a some Powerway bodies in my stock that placed the bearing in the right location relative to the shell end, so I had them remachined to fit the mavic drive plate. By using a 16100 bearing, I could use the 28mm bearing bore without sleeving and recutting that area.
In the photos below you can see a section of the original half moon drive sleeve and an example of the donor freehub body.
An added advantage is the ability to use an 11t small cog. The original HG bodies fit 12t unless they were recut on the outside edge.

View attachment 749572View attachment 749573View attachment 749574View attachment 749575
Fab! Exceptional work. Beyond most of we mere mortals.

Back