Mavic 571 hubs

kingoffootball

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View

If these had come up earlier .........

I really want them, but I don't need them as I've bought some beautiful 130 mm hubs.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Just got outbid on these. I have the 577 version with 135mm axle. They are hands down the best 8 speed hub out there. The 2nd gen version, which I think these are, do take Shimano HG cassettes, as well as others. Darn!

Yes, a HG cassette body was available but they‘re pretty rare. This one is only Mavic compatible as it has the ‘scooped’ splines

I wish I could help you out.
I have 2 Mavic bodies available, though 🥴
I've been thinking to have one of the Mavic bodies turned down to see if the steel driver flange could be mated to another HG Body.
I need to find a body seal for the hubset that I have.

Last edited:
Here's mine. Had them for over 25 years. Just changed all 4 sets of bearings in rear. A design masterpiece. Sorry pic isn't better. 20230517_154125.jpg

BTW I'm running 'Shark Teeth' cogs on the original Mavic HG compatible cassette. Not the same as the 1st pic in dbwheels above.

Back