Mavic 1000 SSC Groupset

... Greg used in 1989 TdF a brake combination - levers 440 (...not 440 SSC) and calipers 430 SSC at his Bottecchia labeled TVT92 Carbone

I have total 5 TVT92
2 with C-Record inkl. Deltas, 1 Zullo labeled with Shimano DA 74xx inkl. ST-7400, 1 Gitane-RMO with MAVIC Zap mechanical 8-Speed and 1 Helvetita-LaSuisse with a 7-speed Suntour Superbe Pro

I can't remember one with a complete 1000 SSC - TVT92 Carbone not a TVT9 (same as KG86) are from 1988-1992

Re:

If I go full Mavic, I'm looking to build it up with the same sort of set up as Lemond had in 89 at the Tour and Worlds. So the spec for the Mavic groupset I'm after is as follows

• 861 Front Mech
    851 Rear Mech
    820 Retrofriction Levers
    630 Cranks & Rings
    430 Callipers
    440 Aero Levers
    602 BSA Bottom Bracket

The rest of the spec is as follows

• Mavic GL330 on Mavic 500/550 Hubs
    Vittoria Corsa Tubs
    Regina or Maillard 7 speed Block 13-25?
    Regina or Sedis Chain
    3t Paris Roubaix Bars
    3t Stem
    Cinelli Cork Tape
    Brooks Cambium C13 Saddle
    TVT Carbon Post

I have the Rims, tubs and bars & stem. The saddle is a given as my backside prefers it.

This bike will be ridden and not be a pedantic period correct talking point.

Re:

Pretty sure I have front and rear mech's, but in Silver. The rear mech's cage retainer has a small piece broken off, which hasn't affected it's function and only seen light use and you can buy these, as they are fully modular. Early SSC parts can go at big money, seen rear mech's go at £300 and front's at £100 plus. But I can do these two for £50 posted the pair UK, bit more to Europe.
I also have some Modolo brakes, but in the dark Anthracite grey, model after those pictured.

PM me thanks

Re: Re:

ultimobici":1q3j1giz said:
If I go full Mavic, I'm looking to build it up with the same sort of set up as Lemond had in 89 at the Tour and Worlds. So the spec for the Mavic groupset I'm after is as follows

• 861 Front Mech
    851 Rear Mech
    820 Retrofriction Levers
    630 Cranks & Rings
    430 Callipers
    440 Aero Levers
    602 BSA Bottom Bracket

The rest of the spec is as follows

• Mavic GL330 on Mavic 500/550 Hubs
    Vittoria Corsa Tubs
    Regina or Maillard 7 speed Block 13-25?
    Regina or Sedis Chain
    3t Paris Roubaix Bars
    3t Stem
    Cinelli Cork Tape
    Brooks Cambium C13 Saddle
    TVT Carbon Post

I have the Rims, tubs and bars & stem. The saddle is a given as my backside prefers it.

This bike will be ridden and not be a pedantic period correct talking point.

Any progress? I have both 440 levers and 430 calipers (also 430 levers)

cheers

Re: Re:

Wold Ranger":3a7skqdz said:
Pretty sure I have front and rear mech's, but in Silver. The rear mech's cage retainer has a small piece broken off, which hasn't affected it's function and only seen light use and you can buy these, as they are fully modular. Early SSC parts can go at big money, seen rear mech's go at £300 and front's at £100 plus. But I can do these two for £50 posted the pair UK, bit more to Europe.
I also have some Modolo brakes, but in the dark Anthracite grey, model after those pictured.

PM me thanks

Could you please show to me this silver rear mech :D - or is it a 801 the precessoir of 851 and the brakes, sometimes there were also the silver 440 SSC
in grey anthracite Modolo labeled

BR Thomas

I once had the 440 brake levers & found them terribly uncomfortable, but maybe my big hands were the problem. The 430`s however were very comfy & I`ve got a set on my old winter bike - they might be worth more than the rest of it put together!

Back