Master Low Pro

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hi, the frame pictured was just after I cleaned it and it pretty much stayed like that until until now. I plan on finishing this one.

I wanted to ask for help: if anyone has old photos from books/mags of the Superconfex low pro ('87) that they could scan in and post up that would help :). Internet searching brings up a very limited number, the best I've seen is a front shot of Jelle Nijdam wining the prolog of 87 tour.

Reason I ask is I have have to make some decisions on whether to stick with what I have or make changes. I would like to make it as close to 87/88 model as possible (preferably 87), though have to accept it may not be possible. The components I plan on using and notes where I'm not sure if they were used by the team are listed below:

All components are C-Record 7-speed (pretty sure the team used this).
Stem: I have a XA (I am not sure if they used Cinelli in 87, I think they used black ttt in 88 though)
Bars: I have LA 84 (Not sure, I think they were using TTT in '88 though)
Brakes: I have Gen3 deltas (I think they used Gen 2s but no way I have a set of those, pretty sure they used gen 3 in '8:cool:
Wheels: I have built up Ambrosio Nemesis/Metamorphosis (I've no idea what rims they used, the low pro pics tend to have disc front and back). I am still thinking of using a Ghibli for the rear though. The front I will need to source a 24" tubular at some point as I do not have any of these.

I'll post pictures when it's up and about :D

Cheers,

Lee

Re:

Regarding the paint match, I know that this out of your area but, I’ll post in case it’s of any use to midlands based guys.

I discovered a supplier called BS Supplies yesterday in Stoke. I took a Bianchi in to get paint matched for a touch up. They scanned the paint with a gadget and mixed me a pot of enamel. It looked a good match to me but not to them so they adjusted the mix by a reducing the yellow by a tiny amount and dis a fresh pot. All for about £7.50 including a pair of artists brushes. For bigger jobs, they can fill pro grade rattle cans with your colour.

I vas really impressed with the service.

Re: Re:

JSH":1x0zjoxd said:
Regarding the paint match, I know that this out of your area but, I’ll post in case it’s of any use to midlands based guys.

I discovered a supplier called BS Supplies yesterday in Stoke. I took a Bianchi in to get paint matched for a touch up. They scanned the paint with a gadget and mixed me a pot of enamel. It looked a good match to me but not to them so they adjusted the mix by a reducing the yellow by a tiny amount and dis a fresh pot. All for about £7.50 including a pair of artists brushes. For bigger jobs, they can fill pro grade rattle cans with your colour.

I vas really impressed with the service.

Thanks for the contact, I will probably look into this for another bike I'll be building.

Latest posts

Back