Masi Gran Criterium 1972 Italian for sale SOLD

Retro Newbie
Hello, this is my first time selling a bike because i am not a true bike fanatic. I bought this bike in a second-hand market and didnt know what kind of bycicle it was. I wanted to make a urban bike, but some people told me that this would be a "crime" so i will try to sell it.
The price is £700. The price include DHL posting to UK and Europe from Spain. I will pack the bike in a bike shop for avoiding problems.

I put this bike in Ebay.es last week but the spanish site doesnt appear in other international ebay sites or in ebay.com even if you search to all ebay, so the announce had very few views. I will copy-paste the entire announce here (maybe some of you view the original in ebay)

Original Italian Masi frame and fork, the fork has date stamp marked "3 72" in the tube and handwritten "SAEZ" (this handwriting could be newer). The frame has a S59,5 inscription, related to the size.
This bike was repainted in the early 1980s, and added toptube cable guides and shifter bosses, a third small chainring was added. The rear wheel seems to be from the early 80s too.
The rear brake is a very rare Campagnolo Nuovo Record without lettering. This is the first version of this brake, and were made in a short period between 1968 and 1969 (velobase).
The paint is in very good condition, only little scratches near the rear derrailleur (see photo). The painter didnt removed the drop out adjusters and springs before painting. They put incorrect decals, so i remove them and put new ones from Ciclomondo.
The bike was bought in very good condition in a second hand market. It had wrong decals of another constructor.
The bike is in very good condition, all the components look very good, but this is a 42 year old bike, there are some scratches. No oxid. No holes or dents in the frame.
I replaced all cables and guides, chain, handelbar tape and brake lever hoods. Cleaned and oiled all parts. The bike is ready to use.
I will respond all of your questions, and can send more photos if you want.
I send woldwide with DHL, the bike will be packed in a bike shop.

Parts:
Frame: Masi Gran Criterium S59,5. New "period correct" decals. see photo 10 of the bottom bracket
Fork: Chromed Masi fork from 1972 (3 72) see photo 11
Rear Brake: Campagnolo 2040 Nuovo Record earlier 1968 version without letters. Non original pads.

Front Brake: Campagnolo 2040 Nuovo Record with letters. Non original pads.
Brake Levers: Campagnolo 2030 Nuovo Record (with new non campy gums). Good condition but with some use signals.
Shifters: Campagnolo 1014 Record
Front Derailleur: Campagnolo 1052/1 Nuovo Record
Rear Derailleur: Campagnolo 1020/A Nuovo Record. Patent-72
Crankset: Campagnolo 1049 Strada Nuovo Record, size: 175mm, rings: 53/42/36 (small ring added later)
Bottom Bracket: Campagnolo Nuovo Record
Front wheel: Mavic Module E, Campagnolo Record hub
Rear wheel; Mavic MA2, Campagnolo Recor Hub. 7 vel Regina extra cassete (13-24)
Pedals: Campagnolo 1037 Record Strada. Colnago leather straps (the leather is some "rigid" it has 42 years) i remove them for the photo.
Saddle: San Marco Rolls, white leather in very good condition. This saddle is from 1980s.
Seatpost: Campagnolo 1044 Record, 27,2mm
Stem: Unknown, it has no letters or logo. It could be a spanish 3erres added in the 80s
Handlebar; Cinelli Campione del Mondo

You can see more photos in my picasa album:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1009086306 ... directlink

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 1,917
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,814
  • IMG_8758.JPG
    IMG_8758.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 1,817
  • IMG_9267.JPG
    IMG_9267.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,565
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Masi Gran Criterium 1972 Italian for sale (new price)

Thank you, i see some Masis at Ebay for 1500-2000€ in worse condition, but my bike has some things that are not from 1972. The bike is in very good condition, and with this prcie, i think that there are margin to search for a "period correct" rear wheel and a saddle.

I have not many experience so all your comments are welcome.

Re: Masi Gran Criterium 1972 Italian for sale (new price)

The bike is sold. Thank you.

Back