Marzocchi Monster T MK1 for sale + BETD drop crown - SOLD

amedias

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Set of Mk1 Monster T, ie: before they became rubbish and too heavy

pretty sure these ones date to about 2000 but can check if needed...

I try to be as honest as possible with descriptions so sometimes I make things out to sound worse than they are but avoids any mis-understandings later so here's my take on their condition....

Polished lowers, crowns and brake arch, in good condition, with a bit of polish work would come up as good as new again but perfectly good as they are.

uppers in good condition too, one leg perfect and unmarked, one tiny scratch on disc leg but i have trouble feeling it it's so light.

Very smooth and will take on anything, getting their full 170mm of travel with no nasty noises on compression or rebound. preload and rebound adjusters working as expected on both legs.

Disc leg seal is very slightly weepy, i wouldn't call it a leak but you have to rub some oil residue off the upper leg after every couple of rides. Easily fixed for about £15-20 with a new seal I could just never be bothered as it didn't worry me.

Includes original 20mm bolt through axle in great condition, all threads on dropouts and crowns in good shape too, no stripped bolts here!

Only pic I have is this one when they were on a bike, I cna take any close ups you want but not until the weekend as my camera is on the blink and I need to borrow one.

I'm after about £110 collected, I will post if needs be but these are very heavy forks so will not be cheap although I'll only charge postage at whatever it costs.

I also have a BETD black anodized drop crown for these forks which I can sell with the forks for £30 or seperate but only if the fork sells. (these are still about £80 from BETD and were originally a lot more! http://www.mountainbikecomponents.co.uk ... cchi+Forks)

Would also consider trade/px for some (shhh) modern 140+ travel single crowns.

Matt

Attachments

• dsc01173_651.jpg
    dsc01173_651.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 1,869
bout a year ago, and when I got them they had black stickers on the lowers and red preload adjusters instead of blue

Back