Marzocchi Monster T 2000 *Unused Condition*SOLD

valve bouncer

Retro Guru
Update November 27th. Item now SOLD.

Up for sale is a model year 2000 Marzocchi Monster T. This item had been on display in my LBS but at least the last few years was tucked away in a corner, safe from harm.

It does have a few marks that I believe would have come from being out on the shop floor for most of the 21st century but is otherwise in excellent unused condition.

If I were to use this item myself I would give it a basic service which for this fork I would characterize as changing the oil and putting some appropriate grease on the stanchions. Otherwise it is in excellent working order. As with all Marzocchi products of this era a breaking-in period is I believe necessary.

There is a machining imperfection on the rear left leg which has caused the decal to delaminate slightly but while I would regard this as inconsequential more fussy buggers than I may not so it has been noted in the pictures. All bolts, screws and adjusters including the axel are in perfect working order and are unused. The compression adjuster screws are a different colour but whether that is standard on these forks I can't say.

I did note that a little oil had escaped from the top caps after I had checked the action of the fork by compressing by hand. I opened the top caps to check that they were not cross threaded. I would regard this leaking as characteristic of Marzocchi forks of this period and after I checked the top caps it appears to have ceased. There is no leaking apparent at the dust seals and if I were to use this fork I wouldn't change the seals but prospective buyers may deem it necessary for a fork sat unused for such a long time.

Please note the following pictures form part of the description for this item.

More photos will be made available at request and photos of specific features and/or higher resolution images will be available.

The price of this item will be 300 GBP INCLUDING EMS shipping from Japan. I will also ship to the Euro-zone, US, Canada, Aust and NZ. The price will be the equivalent to 300GBP in the local currency. I will ship to other countries on a case by case basis. Please note the table of rates at https://www.post.japanpost.jp/english/f ... l/ems.html with regard to zone 2 . The payment will be by paypal and the buyer will pay the fees. If the buyer so desires I will drain the oil before shipping but will not otherwise disassemble the fork. Please note the high price of this item reflects its scarcity in this condition.

HOWEVER, I will entertain offers via PM on this item at a reduced price for RetroBike members in good standing (1 year AND 20 post in non-sale threads) who have a specific project in mind.

Thanks for taking the time to look at my overly verbosely described item!

Attachments

• DSC_0587.JPG
    DSC_0587.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 1,844
  • DSC_0586.JPG
    DSC_0586.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,844
  • DSC_0598.JPG
    DSC_0598.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,842
  • DSC_0589.JPG
    DSC_0589.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,842
  • DSC_0588.JPG
    DSC_0588.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,842
  • DSC_0605.JPG
    DSC_0605.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 1,842
  • DSC_0591.JPG
    DSC_0591.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 1,842
  • DSC_0600.JPG
    DSC_0600.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,844
Re: Marzocchi Monster T 2000 *Unused Condition*

You are both right. I would agree that these are overkill for a b17, just in terms of cost these don't suit a £150, 15 year old marin, but I would put them on mine no problems if in could are Ford them. These forks are MEANT to be overkill.

Good luck with the sale!

Re:

In case anyone who buys these is interested I have a good condition Goldtec/BETD deep drop crown for monster T that allows them to fit frames with taller headtube or allow you to fiddle with head angle more.

RickTheUncivil":oyxn3ix1 said:
You are both right. I would agree that these are overkill for a b17, just in terms of cost these don't suit a £150, 15 year old marin, but I would put them on mine no problems if in could are Ford them. These forks are MEANT to be overkill.

Good luck with the sale!
Hi Rick, I know you don't qualify for my completely arbitrary RB members discount but from what I've seen you're a good fella with arguably the best user name on RB so if you want make an offer feel free.

It is rumored that Evel Knievel wanted to use these forks to jump the Grand Canyon but Signore Marzocchi refused saying "Find bigger canyon". I find this story somewhat implausible as Signore never spoke but anyway....to the top!

Back