Marzocchi Bomber Z1 Advice Please

We_are_Stevo":3vckzb02 said:
Ooh, double disk mounts...:cool:

Double 48mm disk mounts unfortunately :( or is it 47mm :?

I think there is or was recently a Z1 with original hubs, wheels twin front hydraulics and rear also(wheel inc) in fact i think the whole shooting match. :? on ebay
Seem to notice it was fing expensive though. :(

Oh to be rich :(
Which reminds me, i havent checked my lottery numbers, popped a £5 on LD the other day.

matt24777":3evu7z8g said:
Mine seem to be different, but the crucial bit is the cir-clip that fits into a groove (in the nut on mine, but I notice no groove in your nut) is butted right up to the crown, not sat a few mm up from it.

You can just about see the circlip fitted into it's groove in the picture. I'm 100% that the forks have been assembled incorrectly as per my post above and when put right I think the play will disappear. It's pretty unusual for bombers to wear out their bushings due to the large surface area.

One mended so far. Hopefully I haven't killed them by riding them put together wrong. Play is still there. I can grip the inner and the stanchions and wiggle them about. I'm pretty certain it's the bushings.

Attachments

• RB3.jpg
    RB3.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 270
jitensha":31ntmrfz said:
One mended so far. Hopefully I haven't killed them by riding them put together wrong. Play is still there. I can grip the inner and the stanchions and wiggle them about. I'm pretty certain it's the bushings.

The only risks are deforming the stanchion threads with the crown bolts, and stripping the threads because the top caps weren't engaged fully, I'm sure everything will be fine.

I'm surprised you can feel play with the forks in your hands, the seals are such a tight fit. I'm thinking there's something fundamentally wrong, are there any bushes in there at all, are the stanchions the correct diameter for the lowers, or for the bushes etc? You can get 30 & 32mm stanchions from the top of my head.

Ps) Windwave are the place to start looking for spares.

http://www.windwave.co.uk/

Back