Marinovative Decelerators - My attempt to make my own pair.

Re: Marinovative Decelerators -Who has a pair? (need dimensions)

4 pulleys ready. They actually look much smoother in real life. My camera amplified contrast too much. :D

Re:

Excellent.
Titanium rod is fairly cheap on eBay. You want to use grade 2 as grade 5 is a pain to machine.
Grade 2, carbide tooling, 90 square foot / minute, lots of coolant. Drilling and tapping can be a pain as it gets too hot and hardens.

Re:

The hex’s and the pad holders lol like aluminium, I’ve never seen them in real life
Let me know what you need :)

On my machine, coolant is a real problem. But I would go to a friend of mine and have him machine those titanium rods for me. :D
Thank you for your advice about the grade, I saw that on in the shops and was wondering what the difference was. I mean, I knew grade 2 is an Ti/Al "mix", but I was not aware of the consequences when machining.

Re:

Looking at the pictures in your thread, it’s a titanium tube with an aluminium end cap at the roller end.

I didn't get any measurements as of yet...

Okay - I Measured the distance between the middle of the bolt on the roller to the bolt that fixes the brake to the brake stud at 87mm.
Let me know if you need any more info.

Thank you very much! Did you measure to the middle of the brake stud bolt hole or to the upper edge? (I had derived 90mm from the pictures I found via Gioogle)
As I started making the brake, maybe I will thow out the dimensions I use. And I would be quite happy to have you (or anyone else) compare them to the "real deal".

Today I started on the brake arms. I machined a 20mm cap out of aluminium hex stock, pressed my steel rod in (by 17mm) and set that up in my rather crude device for drilling in the lathe.

I then drilled a 10mm hole (incementally) through the aluminium and the steel at the same time.
I am quite happy with the result. The hole came out centered (enough for my needs) and even looks centered on the back side, too :D

Next I will have to make a brass bushing to press inside that hole. This will then slide on the brake studs. And pivot on them without too much play, hopefully. :facepalm:

Back