Marinovative Decelerator

Currently fitted to an unridden retro classic. I still have the boxes and they were unused before i put them on the bike. Scott threaded pads on them.

How have I never seen this before?! :cool: Oy maybe I have - my memory isn't what it was 😂

Never seen those before, that cable & pulley set up is clever, it increases the force by reducing the travel, a bit like a compound crossbow.
They´d be easy enough to replicate with a small lathe & mill, although not in titanium.

Currently fitted to an unridden retro classic. I still have the boxes and they were unused before i put them on the bike. Scott threaded pads on them.
Awesome Brave! What year is it? I haven't seen any with matching IRD-forks so far. They look splendid.

Awesome Brave! What year is it? I haven't seen any with matching IRD-forks so far. They look splendid.
It’s an early Grove Innovations Warrior from between 88-89. I purchased it directly from Tom Teesdale who’d been sent the frame to copy for his batch of Warriors. I had the paint replicated and had the forks & Grove stem/bars done to match. It’s effectively un ridden since I built it up many years ago

Last edited:
Well, they are the first V brakes. Ben Capron gave after his patent to Shimano.

year 88. Shimano put its V brakes on sale almost ten years later

Ben Capron belongs to the mtb museum of fame, he has been working at spe and designing their bikes for more than 30 years.View attachment 825498
Didnt Keith Bontrager fashion his brake for the Kestrel Nitro before hand, (all be it, it wasn't a production brake like Marinovative, but a solution to a problem for the full suspension design. sdfgs.jpg

Last edited:
Back