Marin Splatter frames - questions for the Marin aficionados

Re:

Hey Mart,

I have a white '90 Eldrige in neon splatter. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=314626

As mentioned already, you can feel the raised paint as you run your fingers over it. Also, it's yellow first, then green, and finally black.

If you need any close-up photos give me a shout and I'll photograph whatever you need.

Jon

I definitely think you should give it a go! It would be great to see your attempts and you can always strip and repaint it/get someone to repaint it if you're unhappy with the results.

kingoffootball":1zlze0mf said:
I definitely think you should give it a go! It would be great to see your attempts and you can always strip and repaint it/get someone to repaint it if you're unhappy with the results.

Got to be done I think.....I love doing this kind've stuff and I've already got 3x Zolatone Marins so time to change things a little. I reckon a splatter Marin would look great alongside them.

JonTom":1zlze0mf said:
Hey Mart,

I have a white '90 Eldrige in neon splatter. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=314626

As mentioned already, you can feel the raised paint as you run your fingers over it. Also, it's yellow first, then green, and finally black.

If you need any close-up photos give me a shout and I'll photograph whatever you need.

Jon

Yeah, I'd seen your classifieds find. Awesome - love it when a gem like that comes along.
I'll certainly need some reference photos so I'll be in touch at some point - thanks for the offer. Interesting to read that you've got a Zolatone frame that you were thinking of rasta'rising.....

Seem you really like the splatter frames Mart.

The splatters are sure made after the bottom coat is done, and seem also by hand as the splatter is very thick in places. Follow a sort of pattern to.

I will enjoy this topic even it makes my knees weak to post you my, to big for me, frame.....

Hi Mart.

Here some pics that show how thick the splatter pain can be

Attachments

• WP_20150308_19_30_47_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150308_19_30_47_Pro.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 362
  • WP_20150308_19_36_54_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150308_19_36_54_Pro.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 362
  • WP_20150308_19_31_06_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150308_19_31_06_Pro.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 362