Marin Mount Vision FRS frame

ultrazenith

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I can't find the old "What's it worth" thread, so I guess I'll ask here and risk getting told off. I have a Marin Mount Vision frame from mid-late 90s, Can any body give me a clue as to how to price it? On ebay these types of frame seem to go for well above £100 (Covid tax?), someone is even asking £250 for one that's been "restored".

The size is the rare-ish (as in, not many years had this XL size) 20.5" centre to top, with a nice tall 150 mm head tube and a Fox Float R shock (probably in need of a service). The frame has quite a bit of patina, but no dents etc.

Photo from Andrew Humphrey.jpg

I sold one of these a while back when I broke a complete bike for spares. The linkage was pretty wobbly but I got £70 for it. Prices for bikes bits are generally pretty low at the moment (people saving up to pay their gas bills?).. I have a Mount Vision in 15.5” which has the lacquer peel but shock and linkage are perfect - best offer for that was £40.. I’m keeping it as it’ll make a nice bike when I get round to it.
EBay prices can’t really be relied on - there’s a lot of hopeful sellers on there, some of that stuff gets re-listed ad infinitum..
Hope that helps. :)

Latest posts

Back