Mansion Tax, Oh Boy What A Gaff!

1.5 parking spaces builds are stupid an bound to lead to cars on the road blocking up streets
some places have got cars crammed nose to nose both sides of the road now

but what annoys me is people like the guy in my mums old road,
from 5pm to 8.30am hes got a transit van outside his house which has
4 parking spaces an nissan micra on the drive
its a near the end of a busy road that leads out onto even busyier main road

theres a guy up the road from me in mini mansion on the main road
yet he parks his cars a qtr way on the pavement 3/4 way into the cycle lane

meaning you have to risk death to get passed just so some
complete bell helmit can dive in an out without having to put his car up an down his drive

cycle lane blockers should get warned with fines an 3 strikes = car crushed

think thats harsh? i think anyone who opens there door onto a cycle path
should be done for attempted murder

A better and fair system of stamp duty is required that I would see functioning like this:

0 - 150k - 0%
151k - 350k - 1%
351k - 500k - 2%
501k - 650k - 3%
651k - 800k - 4%
801k - 950k - 6%
950k - 2m - 7%
2m+ - 10%

Should help keep things fluid at the bottom end of the market while generating the revenue at the top end. We should also put an end to corporations being able to buy a house for a top exec and not pay stamp duty.

As for the bedroom tax, that is a good idea IMO, social housing is just that, if you want to live in an area you need to buy a house, a social house should be vacated for a smaller property when the space is not needed, if you stay and take up a house that is needed for a family of course you should pay more.

Carl.

carl im sure if it was fair it would have had more support
but cases like disabled folk who cant sleep in the same room
as each other no

an it has cost you an me a lot of tax to pay for
court cases that should never have been brought

being tough on a benefits an then wasting billions on setting up a new system
which is flawed an needs billions more chucking at it to fix it

an even then it might fail is mad but they go ahead anyway
as its there agenda too press on route 1

an the mail an metro readers clap there hands an call for more of the same
folk will swallow any propganda the bbc, sky an gutter press give them

an then later when it all comes to light it was doomed to fail from the start
they call it an outrage and want heads to roll

EggyBum6969":1q2gs5dl said:
as each other no

There is always exceptions and people that need the support, the people I refer to are the ones that take a 3/4 bed house for their brood that they can't afford and then expect when the brood have all left to be able to stay put on the same rent.

Carl

Re:

I cannot understand why kids cannot share rooms nowadays. Always used to and my two share a tiny room. That and his wheelchair and walker hardly fit through the door and cannot go in the tiny bathroom.

See that's the problem, they think they deserve the bigger houses for one kid a room(or is that the council who think they should have it?), where us mere poor wage earners that own the house have to put up with it. Shouldn't we get a nice house built for us at no cost so we can have one room per child given I actually go out and work to pay for it?

Though what this has got to do with £2M pound houses that given thew cost all should be the size of a Mansionand not say a London flat or terraced house, I don't know.

drcarlos":39bkvowx said:
EggyBum6969":39bkvowx said:
as each other no

There is always exceptions and people that need the support, the people I refer to are the ones that take a 3/4 bed house for their brood that they can't afford and then expect when the brood have all left to be able to stay put on the same rent.

Carl

i agree :)
with you two chicken

the benefit tourism is the worst thing,working a few weeks to get an n.i number then claiming for jobseekers benefit an there kids that are not in the uk

Disgusting just wrong plain wrong :evil:

Total myth.

The bedroom tax was a totally flawed idea.

You either believe in the concept of social housing or you don't.

People in Britain have had the wool pulled over their eyes regarding property ownership. Most people see having a large mortgage (debt) as a sign of success. How ridiculous.

You are just a few pay-checks away from homelessness.

Fools.

Re:

Apart from a mortgage is cheaper month on month than renting.

A few paychecks either way and you're homeless.

Why was bedroom tax flawed? Because people don't like change or to move from something thy don't own?

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":1z1mqs2e said:
Why was bedroom tax flawed? Because people don't like change or to move from something thy don't own?
The principle certainly isn't flawed, not so sure about the execution. The fact it's tagged the bedroom tax when it patently isn't a tax was never a good start.

I have a spare room. I paid/pay for it. Council punters want a spare room? They should pay for it too. Or aiui get less of a housing benefit cheque.

Have a listen to the links below and once you've spat your tea against the screen tell me that the bedroom tax, benefit vouchers and workfare aren't good ideas to get the underclass off their arses. The hand wringers will claim he's a shill or an exception but he's a parasite. And he's not alone.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=paul+ ... 3&ie=UTF-8

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":os362tdd said:
Apart from a mortgage is cheaper month on month than renting.

A few paychecks either way and you're homeless.

Shared bedrooms, absolutely cracking for a bit of incest, statistically speaking, which is one of the many reasons kids aren't supposed to share them... the other is so they have a bit of privacy and don't drive each other mental. If you can't afford a big enough house to give everyone space, time to question our culture of treating the housing market like an investment machine.

The bedroom tax situation is totally buggered up 'coz it's causing people's quality of life to decline, making them noticeably poorer by quite literally forcing them out of their homes to a smaller, shittier one. I don't see them getting compensated for the cost of a moving van, days off work, redecorating the new place, etc, do you? And what about their support network? Local stuff, neighbours, transport, work, shops, etc? People's standards of living are supposed to go forward not back.

And it's not like it has any mercy on the disabled, either, all those who're forced into heat-or-eat because the "alternative" is moving to a house that can't accommodate their equipment. You mentioned a wheelchair and a walker, so I'd expect you to have a bit of empathy. What good does "if I have to put up with it, so should they!" do you? Wouldn't it be better to go "Neither of us should put up with it?"

And who's this "they", anyway? As opposed to yourself, a "wage earner" who "actually go out and work to pay for it", presumably this mysterious "they" aren't, and don't?

Who is "they", and why do you want to take stuff off them, instead of demanding it for yourself as well? I suppose it suits them with the cash and the power to have you looking towards "they" instead of them.

The mansion tax though, badly thought out populist nonsense. Gets media attention, would absolutely never work. It'd be much more effective to sort taxation out such that companies actually pay some, perhaps with a side order of not pissing money away on nukes and bullets any more.

Back