Sold Manitou sx parts and mars parts

Mr 34

Retro Newbie
Hi All
I've got a few parts left over from 1999 Manitou sx-r forks and the later 2000 mars forks, see the picture, the spring and the elastomers are all from the SX-R as is the manual and the rest is from the later mars fork, the rubbers gators are in good condition however the bottoms of both are just starting to go hard but no cracking, the elastomers are again quite hard but they do still have some flex, the manual is in very good condition.
I would rather the whole lot went together , so price is £15.00 o.n.o,

Attachments

• 20210518_113502.jpg
    20210518_113502.jpg
    414.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Hi All
I've got a few parts left over from 1999 Manitou sx-r forks and the later 2000 mars forks, see the picture, the spring and the elastomers are all from the SX-R as is the manual and the rest is from the later mars fork, the rubbers gators are in good condition however the bottoms of both are just starting to go hard but no cracking, the elastomers are again quite hard but they do still have some flex, the manual is in very good condition.
I would rather the whole lot went together , so price is £15.00 o.n.o,
Hello, It looks like you have some parts I could make use of in particular the mars parts. Is the damper adjuster knob in good condition? and how would I go about paying you and getting the items posted?

Hello again, I have just noticed you are looking for a cover plate for your Shimano shifter.. I am almost certain i have what you need if still required?

Which shifter is it .. left or right hand side of bars? Ivan

Sorry if this is too old/ too late, I'm new to the forum and saw your listing. I just wanted to confirm that it was sold. I just got an old Manitou SX-R Fork and the Damper Adjuster Knob is missing so I'm on the search for a new one :)

Hi yes very sorry but it all went , the only things I have left are a few of the old rubber dampers.

Thanks for the quick response. I'm actually hoping to find an old damper knob and have a friend re-create it with a 3D Printer. Not having a lot of luck though. Looks like we are gonna try some trial and error attempts and see if we can't get something that kinda works. Too bad mine came to me missing parts, recreating them from even a broken component that had all the pieces would be easier ;)

Hey... any chance you might remember if the knob had two parts that spun independently? We are trying to figure that out from what was left on my bike and we are guessing that the knob and shaft were one piece and that a second piece with a rubber o-ring snapped into the knob around the shaft. Then that inner piece with the o-ring would pop into the aluminum drop nut and hold the whole thing on the fork. Since mine came to me broken, we are having to reverse engineer things so any insight you might be able to provide would be awesome.

Hi
Have a look here
If the above link works it should give you what you are looking for, I had a copy of this manuel which went with the parts I had.From what i remember the damper was one piece that fitted into the bottom of the leg. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back