Manitou fully. ringle and more. CL in USA. Now with big pics

Hate to tell you but that doesn't look like a Manitou, strongly suspect
it's a Marin, rear drop outs and rear fork crown dont look right for a Manitou, seatclamp and front mech are not the special Manitou items
for the 38mm seattube, headtube looks smaller than 1 1/4, ask for a
pic of the frame number on the bottom bracket shell.

Will post pics of my frame for comparison later.

only two rides....That's all it takes...it doesn;t have to be ridden even and I'll bet if you look close enough there's a crack at the top edge of the head tube front or back...it will be tiny but just from having a cup pressed in it will have cracked over time.

She probably claimed it from a renter that didn't pay or in a divorce battle.

Well she said over the phone that her husband rode it a couple of times. Then they had a kid and he did not have the time for it. When He got time years down the road he bought a newer longer travel full suspension with disc breaks. She said They wanna clear out the bikes. She had a other bike but it was sold last month.

I will try to get some better info when I get a hold of her next.

Here's pics of mine to compare with the above

Machined out dropouts

dropouts.jpg

Machined out rear fork bridge.

rearbridge.jpg

Also cable guides are right on top of the top tube.

toptube.jpg

Should say Answer products Manitou FS on the bottom bracket shell

framenumber.jpg

It's a nice thing and may be a good buy but it'd definetely not a Manitou FS.

Agree, but on the plus side- and wanting to take some of the sting from the tail of disapointment, its much more likely to remain crack free, takes a conventional fron mech (thank gawd) and takes a seatpost you can actually buy off the shelf. Still a stunner, in stunning condition, with fantastic kit for a bargain price. Very well done dude, it looks like a corker.
Kudos to you dude for following it up ;)

Back