Manitou 3 Compatible 1" Steer Tube Crown

appaholic

Retro Newbie
Looking for a crown with 1" steer tube that is compatible for my Manitou 3 fork. 155mm threaded or 170-180mm unthreaded....thanks...trying to salvage the fork by converting 1 1/8" to 1" steer tube....

1 inch steer/crown

It is very easy to change the steer/crown part of the Manitou 3. However have checked if the interenals are in good condition. The elastomers has a habit of breaking down and they are hard to replace. My LBS has some nos 1 inch threaded steer/crown. I have to go and see what sizes he has. If you areinterested reply back to me (I well be going this weekend). I am in Canada and the shipping is not that bad.
RE; the 4 question you post about your project bike. My answer is the same as Lewis1641.

Re: 1 inch steer/crown

roc6839":1nnysfb5 said:
It is very easy to change the steer/crown part of the Manitou 3. However have checked if the interenals are in good condition. The elastomers has a habit of breaking down and they are hard to replace. My LBS has some nos 1 inch threaded steer/crown. I have to go and see what sizes he has. If you are interested reply back to me (I well be going this weekend). I am in Canada and the shipping is not that bad.
RE; the 4 question you post about your project bike. My answer is the same as Lewis1641.

Supposedly, the internals have been maintained & elastomers are in good shape...should receive fork this week. I appreciate the help & would be interested...PM me if you have some luck & I can make arrangements......(btw...what is LBS? :?: )..again, thank you

Hi can you measure accurately the outside diameter of the stantions and the distance between the two? I have a couple me crowns and steerers in my for sale thread. Definately not manitou but might get you up and running?

Back