Manchester Velodrome bike jumble

Re:

Buttytime, not spotted anyone yet but I'm now in the bright green of 2011 Mountain Mayhem if anyone wants to say hello...!

Re:

popped down and got a couple of books and a nice carbon brake booster. Was hoping for a bontrager frame or some nice bombers but no such luck.

Re:

I went along and enjoyed it. Went a lot later than planned and had to rush round so I think I missed some of the early gems but still got a useful haul to help me progress a few builds including a couple of seatposts, a bar, couple of NOS BBs, a syncros stem, a decent condition flite and shamefully a carbon bar for one of my roadbikes which as it was new, sold by one of the shops so genuine and reduced from the thick end of £200 to £50 I couldn't say no. All that lot for less than £100.

Only shame was some very good condition M900 mechs which were up for a reasonable amount but the front mech was bottom pull and I need a top pull one. Hey ho.

Re:

I picked up a few more bits and met up with a few Retrobikers.

There was some pretty good stuff there, much of it over-priced in my opinion but a few bargains to be had.
Walked away with a Dyna Tech road frameset, some rims, a seatpost, a hub, and did the usual trick of picking up a few sets of SPD pedals for very little money.
I'm not sure why I bought those red Sachs Wavey grips though...

Re:

:LOL: always get home with at least one random thing and no idea why you bought it, it's traditional!

Fancy Road shoes and some nice baggy shorts, plus a couple of cans of J R Weigle Framesaver, loads of energy gels, three pairs of handlebar plugs(!) and randomly, a camerabag for Kiran. Probably some other stuff too...

Pretty happy with that lot!

Re:

Couldn't resist:

image26a2b.jpg

Re: Re:

bulldog":7r2kbmm7 said:
I'm going got a stall don't know what I'm taking yet
See you all there

Excellent, can we expect a discount for showing up in a RetroBike T-shirt...? ;)

Back