Magura HS33 help

many older bikes werre designed for high-profile cantilevers, therefore have the brake pivots too far apart for maguras.
The problem is that blocks must do more than merely touch the rim, they must squeeze it even when worn down.
I too have a frame like that and an nos set of Ms that I cant use ....

When someone finds the gizmo thats required, or makes some, please let me know !

but if using the evo2 brace and it is correctly located in the positioning holes, how can they be too far apart ?

What's the post to post distance, I know many go wider for fatter tyres than the standard* 80mm.

I had to really faf around with my Evo2s to get the calipers and pads close enough to the rim and the key to achieving this is all in shoving the calipers as close as possible to the mounting brackets in the O-washers. Don't be fooled - like I initially was - into thinking that the O-washers are restricted to sitting on the grooves on the calipers, because they will go further over. As Thias said, you've got 5mm either side, so there's no problem. (I'll try get a pic of mine tomorrow which are as far in as they can go.)

Back